Final Fantasy series VS Tales series

#71kratoscar2008Posted 2/2/2013 1:36:07 PM
Ryudo1 posted...
"No, they are average compared to RPGs in general. If it werent for its battle system this series would had died LONG ago.

Isn't that the point of a game? To have fun GAMEplay? A good story is a nice bonus, but it shouldn't be the focal point of a game.

Normally yes but JRPGs need story to make up for the lack of exploration or expansive worlds.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#72LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/2/2013 1:38:44 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Ryudo1 posted...
"No, they are average compared to RPGs in general. If it werent for its battle system this series would had died LONG ago.

Isn't that the point of a game? To have fun GAMEplay? A good story is a nice bonus, but it shouldn't be the focal point of a game.

Normally yes but JRPGs need story to make up for the lack of exploration or expansive worlds.

Tales, for the most part, does have exploration and expansive worlds.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#73kratoscar2008Posted 2/2/2013 1:40:40 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
Ryudo1 posted...

Yes but is the story what keeps the games progression.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#74MewMewFan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 1:44:32 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
Ryudo1 posted...

Yes but is the story what keeps the games progression.

Yes. I first wasn't interested in the Tales series, but ever since I played the first Tales game, that got me hooked on it. I don't understand why Sin_Haverster hates the Tales series, maybe because he has no life...
#75Ryudo1Posted 2/2/2013 1:57:57 PM

Tales of games have far more expansive worlds and far more exploration than recent Final Fantasy games and I wouldn't exactly say any Final Fantasy game has a plot the much better than any Tales of game. None of them, FF Tactics included, would pass as a literary masterpiece, but for the most part they tell coherent plots (with a few exceptions) and that's enough for me.
#76Hash062Posted 2/2/2013 2:34:55 PM
Tales series is better.

ARPG > ATB.

Anime > 3D asians.

Overall it's better, just not as popular because of lower graphic quality.
#77kirusuPosted 2/2/2013 2:38:27 PM
oh great one of these again.
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#78DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 2:38:34 PM
Everyone and their mother knows that you don't play Tales for the story.
They are mildly interesting for the most part, but it's the character interactions and gameplay that really shine in those.

Except for Legendia and apparently Xillia 2, which have genuinely good stories for the series standard.
---
Waiting for: NNK, Tales of Xillia 2
#79MalakTawusPosted 2/2/2013 2:46:14 PM(edited)
I play both series (since i basically play all jrpgs that i can......well, wrpgs too tbh,lol) but i prefer Final Fantasy BY FAR.

Honestly,for my taste it's not even a contest, the only jrpgs series that can compare with FF for me are Xeno-serie, Valkyrie Profile serie (yup,i'm an huge fan) and chrono-serie.

(I considered only the games, not the serie as a whole sicne as a serie FF is by far the best for me since my other favorite series have a lot less games)
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#80Elice_CarolPosted 2/2/2013 2:47:14 PM
Yes. I first wasn't interested in the Tales series, but ever since I played the first Tales game, that got me hooked on it. I don't understand why Sin_Harvester hates the Tales series, maybe because he has no life...

I dislike the Tales series and I have a life, are you going to deepen your hypocrisy and relentlessly hound me about it?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/