Can you imagine if Level 5 owns Final Fantasy?

#121kupo1705Posted 2/2/2013 11:58:25 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Yes, it was. I never said his involved is not foreshadowed.

He has some sort of big magical castle on the other side of the planet. That raises many questions.

That's no different.

A backstory like that should be set up, yes. You don't just add random things all the time. It's like IX was written as they went on, without thinking it through from the start.

The only question it should raise is "why does he have so much power? He manipulated a queen, destroyed fleets, can summon Eidolons, has a dragon at his disposal, owns a castle... how is he so powerful?"

That's absolute garbage. Terra works perfectly into the world of FFIX. It fits with Zidane and Kuja's character and once Terra is introduced, it makes everything make sense. It was definitely not an asspull.

Are the powers of villains ever explained? Besides, he uses his dragon to fight on disc 1.

Yes, it makes sense after it's explained. That doesn't mean it doesn't come out of nowhere.
#122Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/2/2013 12:00:42 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
The stories will end up being even worse than they are now.

At least the gameplay would be decent. 1/2 > 0/2.
#123kupo1705Posted 2/2/2013 12:03:35 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
ragnarokius posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Different how?

I know you have a taste for pointless, never ending chatter but I've answered that already.

Your only reasoning is that he's the main character.

He looks different than every other human being on Gaia and there is nothing known about his origins until Terra is revealed. And yes, the fact that he is the main character is very important. He's the main character, and he looks like a human, but he's literally the only human on the planet with a tail. Why? What are his origins that haven't been explained yet?

You're just grasping at straws at this point.

He looks different, just like pretty much everyone else.
Garnet looks like a human too, aside form the horn she's supposed to have. Gilgamesh looks human too, aside from having multiple arms. Zidane looks human, aside from having a tail.
You still fail to explain why we're supposed to know he's different from all those other different looking characters.
#124theofficefan99Posted 2/2/2013 12:06:12 PM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
The stories will end up being even worse than they are now.

At least the gameplay would be decent. 1/2 > 0/2.

That's true, but it's not like SE is incapable of making a game with good gameplay. Nomura's games, X-2, Type-0, etc. etc. etc. say hello.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#125theofficefan99Posted 2/2/2013 12:10:20 PM
kupo1705 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
ragnarokius posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Different how?

I know you have a taste for pointless, never ending chatter but I've answered that already.

Your only reasoning is that he's the main character.

He looks different than every other human being on Gaia and there is nothing known about his origins until Terra is revealed. And yes, the fact that he is the main character is very important. He's the main character, and he looks like a human, but he's literally the only human on the planet with a tail. Why? What are his origins that haven't been explained yet?

You're just grasping at straws at this point.

He looks different, just like pretty much everyone else.
Garnet looks like a human too, aside form the horn she's supposed to have. Gilgamesh looks human too, aside from having multiple arms. Zidane looks human, aside from having a tail.
You still fail to explain why we're supposed to know he's different from all those other different looking characters.

What? What horn?

Is Gilgamesh even a part of IX?

No, I have explained it. He's the main character of the game. He looks human, but he is literally the only human with a tail. And his backstory is not explained until Terra is revealed, so his origins are shrouded in mystery until Disc 3. Until then, you are just controlling some perverted human with a freaking monkey tail attached to his back for some reason. The way the game handled it was perfectly fine.

If you refuse to accept it, then fine, I don't care. The only asspull in IX's story is Necron.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#126kupo1705Posted 2/2/2013 12:14:24 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
What? What horn?

Is Gilgamesh even a part of IX?

No, I have explained it. He's the main character of the game. He looks human, but he is literally the only human with a tail. And his backstory is not explained until Terra is revealed, so his origins are shrouded in mystery until Disc 3. Until then, you are just controlling some perverted human with a freaking monkey tail attached to his back for some reason. The way the game handled it was perfectly fine.

If you refuse to accept it, then fine, I don't care. The only asspull in IX's story is Necron.

Garnet is supposed to have a horn. She's not human despite looking like one.

Yes he is.

He doesn't look human, he has a tail.
Just like every other game? It's not like he kept questioning where he comes from and why he looks different.
If they did that you'd have a point.
#127theofficefan99Posted 2/2/2013 12:17:35 PM
kupo1705 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

He has some sort of big magical castle on the other side of the planet. That raises many questions.

That's no different.

A backstory like that should be set up, yes. You don't just add random things all the time. It's like IX was written as they went on, without thinking it through from the start.

The only question it should raise is "why does he have so much power? He manipulated a queen, destroyed fleets, can summon Eidolons, has a dragon at his disposal, owns a castle... how is he so powerful?"

That's absolute garbage. Terra works perfectly into the world of FFIX. It fits with Zidane and Kuja's character and once Terra is introduced, it makes everything make sense. It was definitely not an asspull.

Are the powers of villains ever explained? Besides, he uses his dragon to fight on disc 1.

Yes, it makes sense after it's explained. That doesn't mean it doesn't come out of nowhere.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kuja

It didn't come out of nowhere, considering that Kuja is insanely important to Zidane's backstory, and there's the lingering question of "why the hell am I controlling a human with a tail?" Zidane's tail is there from the beginning of the game. It's not like they just had it sprout up in the middle of the game.
---
#128OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/2/2013 12:18:55 PM
kupo1705 posted...

Yes he is.

Just like every other game? It's not like he kept questioning where he comes from and why he looks different.

They probably just assumed he was of a race they hadn't seen before. o.o That is probably something that happens a lot in FF IX's world, considering all the different races. And plus it is rude in general to ask such things.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#129kupo1705Posted 2/2/2013 12:21:00 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

That's no different.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kuja

It didn't come out of nowhere, considering that Kuja is insanely important to Zidane's backstory, and there's the lingering question of "why the hell am I controlling a human with a tail?" Zidane's tail is there from the beginning of the game. It's not like they just had it sprout up in the middle of the game.

We don't know that until later.
In a world where everyone looks different, I'm not going to question why the main character has a tail.
If everyone looked like a normal human except for him, then yes, I would.
#130kupo1705Posted 2/2/2013 12:21:30 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Yes he is.

They probably just assumed he was of a race they hadn't seen before. o.o That is probably something that happens a lot in FF IX's world, considering all the different races. And plus it is rude in general to ask such things.

I meant Zidane.
He never brings up his history, or lack thereof.