Can you imagine if Level 5 owns Final Fantasy?

#151theofficefan99Posted 2/3/2013 3:49:02 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
A Level 5 produced FF game in the vein of Ni no Kuni(visually) would be remarkable! Hell, I still make it known that Square should aim this series at an even younger demographic. No offense, but if you can crack the E-rating, you have a much WIDER audience than just T, M or A. Besides that, the notion of seeing a FF game that uses cell shading and backgrounds rendered to look like painted animation backgrounds is mouthwatering.

I think everybody aiming for realism is overrated. There is power in variety.

Eh. I am personally very much against a cel-shaded Final Fantasy. That's just not Final Fantasy. I love the realism. It's what I've come to expect from Final Fantasy.

Keep things like anime and cel-shading to a series like Tales of, where it fits.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#152InnerscopePosted 2/3/2013 3:57:22 PM
Yeah, I can! (|:

Actually, no I can't D:
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#153MagnaderAlphaPosted 2/3/2013 4:11:21 PM
kupo1705 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
What? What horn?

Is Gilgamesh even a part of IX?

No, I have explained it. He's the main character of the game. He looks human, but he is literally the only human with a tail. And his backstory is not explained until Terra is revealed, so his origins are shrouded in mystery until Disc 3. Until then, you are just controlling some perverted human with a freaking monkey tail attached to his back for some reason. The way the game handled it was perfectly fine.

If you refuse to accept it, then fine, I don't care. The only asspull in IX's story is Necron.

Garnet is supposed to have a horn. She's not human despite looking like one.

Yes he is.

He doesn't look human, he has a tail.
Just like every other game? It's not like he kept questioning where he comes from and why he looks different.
If they did that you'd have a point.
In the context of FFIX's world, Zidane doesn't look any different than the majority of people out there. While Square has stated they wanted the world of FFIX to appear really fantasy by including anthropomorphic animal people, there IS a reason why they exist within the world's history. It was briefly touched upon in game, but was explained in depth in the Ultimania. Back when Terra attempted to fuse itself with Gaia, it was discovered that Gaia already had life returned to it's crystal. Perfect fusion can only occur when Terra tries to assimilate "new planets" that have yet to either bare life or have it's life return to the crystal, because when life/souls return to the crystal, their memories allow the crystal to create more complex beings. But, Garland couldn't find any other planet more fitting than Gaia, and Gaia was still considerably young, so he forced the Fusion spell(advanced magic of Terra). This resulted in the majority of Gaia's human population being wiped out. Only a small percentage remained, but the fusion mixed some of their DNA with animals and monsters of the planet, resulting in all the hybrids you see in the game. Only the most smallest of number of humans remained unchanged. The failed fusion also resulted in certain Terra landmarks being permanently fused onto the surface of Gaia(Oeilvert, Ipsen's Castle, Gulug Volcano, Desert Palace) and the remnants of the planet Terra to be sucked into the core of Gaia and exist within an alternate dimension.
#154MagnaderAlphaPosted 2/3/2013 4:13:14 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
A Level 5 produced FF game in the vein of Ni no Kuni(visually) would be remarkable! Hell, I still make it known that Square should aim this series at an even younger demographic. No offense, but if you can crack the E-rating, you have a much WIDER audience than just T, M or A. Besides that, the notion of seeing a FF game that uses cell shading and backgrounds rendered to look like painted animation backgrounds is mouthwatering.

Eh. I am personally very much against a cel-shaded Final Fantasy. That's just not Final Fantasy. I love the realism. It's what I've come to expect from Final Fantasy.

Keep things like anime and cel-shading to a series like Tales of, where it fits.
For me, if Square calls it "Final Fantasy", it's Final Fantasy, cel-shaded or realistic aside.

Though, to be honest, If they'd even try a cel-shaded venture, I'd more more for it to be a unique side project. Maybe do something exclusively for Wii U. I can dig that!
#155kupo1705Posted 2/3/2013 4:14:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cBHPO6z.jpg
#156theofficefan99Posted 2/3/2013 4:16:14 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...

For me, if Square calls it "Final Fantasy", it's Final Fantasy, cel-shaded or realistic aside.

Though, to be honest, If they'd even try a cel-shaded venture, I'd more more for it to be a unique side project. Maybe do something exclusively for Wii U. I can dig that!

Yeah, me too. I'd have no problem with a side project that's cel-shaded. It's a side-project, after all. I guess I was talking about mainline titles :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#157al3azmiPosted 2/3/2013 4:35:18 PM
i'm not gonna light i have all Level-5 games on ps3 but final fantasy isn't their style they would make it worse than it actually is..
---
Psn-Battler624 Psn2-alazmi906
Low class warrior with the power of millions of super Elite
#158Lindaru111Posted 2/4/2013 3:31:38 AM
kupo1705 posted...
The only FFs with an above average story are X and XII.
Not including spin-offs.

Ha..haha..hahahaha...hahahahahahahahaha...no
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
#159xGensingNinjaxPosted 2/5/2013 4:36:23 PM
yes
---
Currently Playing: DmC, P4Golden, Borderlands 2
SASUKE do the hokey pokey!!!!