Do you think that Lightning returns will be better than XIII-2?

#21Elice_CarolPosted 2/2/2013 10:02:30 AM
A game that is way too ambitious for a one-year development cycle whose plot is following one of the worst plots in recent memory will not be better than any of those games above.

If you think everything I've invested into FNC's plot is a waste of time, say it to my face.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#22ExtremeLightPosted 2/2/2013 10:03:14 AM
buffy720 posted...
Based on what we've seen so far, no.

So based on 1 simple trailer, it is already worse than 13-2?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#23Wise_PotatoPosted 2/2/2013 10:05:58 AM
I love how some people in this board try to force their opinions down other people's throats.
---
I'm half serious most of the time.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#24buffy720Posted 2/2/2013 10:07:53 AM
Based on the fact that we are stuck with only Lightning, I choose no. If LR wasn't part of a trilogy that showed we could control at least one other character, I wouldn't take issue with their decision to do this. However, because it is, I do. *shrugs*
---
"You're right. I am a weapon. Every cell in my body is aching for a fight. They long to collide with their anti-existence." ~ Jr.
#25Elice_CarolPosted 2/2/2013 10:52:46 AM

Why? All we've seen so far is promise, nothing that would actively try to discourage you from playing the game. GAL!
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#26Le_DerpstickPosted 2/2/2013 11:00:29 AM
No. I love XIII-2, but I don't feel like a 1 character action game will be an improvement. It won't be bad, but being so different... it can't be "better".
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#27theofficefan99Posted 2/2/2013 11:03:44 AM
Elice_Carol posted...

Why? All we've seen so far is promise, nothing that would actively try to discourage you from playing the game. GAL!

-Barely over a year of development
-Continuation of one of the worst plots in recent memory
-Toriyama is working on it
-The very first trailer is super-unpolished with framerate equivalent to that of a slideshow

Then we can factor in the unbearably cheesy dialogue, Lightning's shades, the ear-bleedingly awful music during the trailer, the poor editing of the trailer, etc. etc. etc. and it's clear that this game is not going to be very good.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#28theofficefan99Posted 2/2/2013 11:04:22 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
A game that is way too ambitious for a one-year development cycle whose plot is following one of the worst plots in recent memory will not be better than any of those games above.

If you think everything I've invested into FNC's plot is a waste of time, say it to my face.

It is. No one cares about your theories based off of a game with terrible writing.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#29OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/2/2013 11:13:10 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...

-The very first trailer is super-unpolished with framerate equivalent to that of a slideshow

Then we can factor in the unbearably cheesy dialogue, Lightning's shades, the ear-bleedingly awful music during the trailer, the poor editing of the trailer, etc. etc. etc. and it's clear that this game is not going to be very good.

You're assuming a lot from just a trailer, bro. o.o So pessimistic.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#30theofficefan99Posted 2/2/2013 11:26:02 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...

You're assuming a lot from just a trailer, bro. o.o So pessimistic.

The point of a trailer is to entice someone to watch this movie or to buy this game. It's completely fair that I'm judging the game based off of the trailer, among other things.
---