Is It Really Toriyama's Fault For "Ruining" The Series?

#1MesmerilPosted 2/2/2013 3:12:29 PM
For some reason; I kind of disagree with my own question because Toriyama is a professional, so he wouldn't be setting up the "downfall" of Final Fantasy as many people seem to believe. Yet, I sometimes wonder what his true purpose was for the XIII Trilogy. Was it to expand on the FNC mythology or did he feel like the ending of XIII wasn't enough?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED XIII and XIII-2, but I just quite don't understand why he wanted to continue it from the already great ending of the original.

I feel as though the two sequels seem very different compared to the original, which isn't too bad, but I kind of miss the original theme of XIII. Hopefully, the third sequel can answer these questions and give the Lightning Saga the final and best send off it deserved.
#2kratoscar2008Posted 2/2/2013 3:15:30 PM
Didnt you saw how he presented LR: FFXIII? Obviously that guy is a nutcase and witout a doubt he has killed the series and nearly dragged PE along with it.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#3kirusuPosted 2/2/2013 3:17:32 PM
nearly kratos? i dont even know how i got past the first level
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#4kratoscar2008Posted 2/2/2013 3:18:28 PM
kirusu posted...

There hasnt been a sequel of.... that thing yet so i think PE can still make a comeback.
---
#5Mesmeril(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 3:22:47 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Didnt you saw how he presented LR: FFXIII? Obviously that guy is a nutcase and witout a doubt he has killed the series and nearly dragged PE along with it.

I guess this isn't a good position for him, but I'm pretty sure someone else could do better? I just want the saga to get over with.
#6heartlesshero17Posted 2/2/2013 3:24:29 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
kirusu posted...

There hasnt been a sequel of.... that thing yet so i think PE can still make a comeback.

I can't even imagine what could possibly happen after the 3rd birthday
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#7kirusuPosted 2/2/2013 3:25:01 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
kirusu posted...

i dont even count 3rd birthday as a parasite eve series. i call it non canon story. yes i agree with this idea of a comeback. i kind of want to see aya brea in some heels and a dress again.
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#8kratoscar2008Posted 2/2/2013 3:26:24 PM
Mesmeril posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

I guess this isn't a good position for him, but I'm pretty sure someone else could do better? I just want the saga to get over with.

Kitase was the responsible for the "Cinematic RPG" design used in XIII but Toriyama backed it up tough, so i dont believe SE can repair it. The series deserved better than that.
---
#9heartlesshero17Posted 2/2/2013 3:26:35 PM
I didn't even mean that in a bad way. Just that the 3rd birthday story was just so out there that I can't even begin to think what could possibly happen next
---
-PainsPerception
#10heartlesshero17Posted 2/2/2013 3:31:09 PM
kirusu posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
kirusu posted...

i dont even count 3rd birthday as a parasite eve series. i call it non canon story. yes i agree with this idea of a comeback. i kind of want to see aya brea in some heels and a dress again.

I don't really mind her design in 3rd birthday. Main design I mean. Don't care about those silly little fan service costumes. Though I was surprised they didn't throw in the opera dress as an extra costume in that game
---
-PainsPerception