Is FFXIII the first divisive FF game?

#21OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/3/2013 9:27:44 PM
RX02Banshee posted...
F*** no. Most people actually liked XIII besides the godfrosaken hellholes of the internet where the minority takes their shouts of hatred and ranting to mean the majority when it's just being an outspoken minority. And XII was just as "divisive". Unsurprisingly it also is well liked by the majority.

That's because, in the end, love conquers all. :u
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#22Zantetsuken_GPosted 2/3/2013 9:57:20 PM
Thinking back, I really didn't have internet around when Final Fantasy 8 came out and video games weren't mainstream back then. Around Final Fantasy XII, their was quite a bit of a divide... mostly hate from the mmorpg style and something about the way the voice files were compressed to fit on the game disc.

My thoughts on FFXIII, its just an overhyped game. To be fair, none of the rpgs this generation has been anything stellar.
---
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
#23TheTrinityPosted 2/3/2013 10:16:59 PM
chocolatesoda posted...
Your topic question and poll question are different.

Agreed.

First divisive? No, that honor goes to *shock* FF II. Yes, the very second game in the series.

Most divisive? Possibly. Or at least longest lasting, but that might be due to the sequels. VIII and XII were also incredibly divisive but not many people talk about those games anymore except those who liked them.
---
Il n'y a rien de nouveau sous le soleil.
#24TorgoForeverPosted 2/3/2013 10:46:00 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
RX02Banshee posted...
F*** no. Most people actually liked XIII besides the godfrosaken hellholes of the internet where the minority takes their shouts of hatred and ranting to mean the majority when it's just being an outspoken minority. And XII was just as "divisive". Unsurprisingly it also is well liked by the majority.

That's because, in the end, love conquers all. :u

Love only makes you act dumb and childish. At least that's how it worked for me.
---
#25badboyPosted 2/3/2013 11:19:17 PM
Every FF game has fans and haters.
#26HitzkolpfPosted 2/3/2013 11:42:34 PM
Every FF game has been divisive.
#27arvilinoPosted 2/4/2013 3:01:47 AM
RX02Banshee posted...

Plus the internet bandwagon. People who haven't even played the games will be quick to tell you just how horrible they are.Sort of like the outrage over the ME3 ending spreading past the actual players.
#28MagiusNecrosPosted 2/4/2013 3:10:44 AM
No.

But XIII series is the most divisive in recent times.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#29Nazgath91Posted 2/4/2013 3:56:59 AM
It's hard to tell how divisive a game is. The haters always shout the loudest, and soon everyone thinks they are the majority. That's how it is with everything, not just FF and not just games. Positive feelings rarely get voice and that's just how it has always been.
#30SasukefirePosted 2/4/2013 7:05:26 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
Every FF game has been divisive.

This. I remember people getting pissed at X just for having voice acting alone.
---
Looks like I'm getting closer.