Is FFXIII the first divisive FF game?

#31DViper97Posted 2/4/2013 11:10:14 AM
Sasukefire posted...

I remember people getting pissed at X just for having voice acting alone.

This!! I can't believe someone else remembers that!!

I totally remember the *****fit people threw over the mere fact that X was going to have voice acting. I remember people saying that is was going to ruin the series, and some even claiming that they were going to "quit" FF because of it. I also remember people complaining about Otherworld, and that rock has no place in FF. That sound familiar to anyone...?
---
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.
#32BlueDragmirePosted 2/4/2013 11:11:24 AM
DViper97 posted...
Sasukefire posted...

I remember people getting pissed at X just for having voice acting alone.

This!! I can't believe someone else remembers that!!

I totally remember the *****fit people threw over the mere fact that X was going to have voice acting. I remember people saying that is was going to ruin the series, and some even claiming that they were going to "quit" FF because of it. I also remember people complaining about Otherworld, and that rock has no place in FF. That sound familiar to anyone...?

Not really, I was about ten when FFX came out and I was too busy with Mario Sunshine to care about RPGs.

Also, I don't like Otherworld. I like rock, I just don't like bad death metal crap.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#33mistermikeymikePosted 2/4/2013 11:12:36 AM
since when was 13 divisive? a majority of fans consider ff13 to be bad. it's not divisive if general consensus says the game is bad. most people who enjoy 13 are outliers.

and id argue 8 is probably the first divisive
---
So Damn Foxy.
#34Lelouch71Posted 2/4/2013 4:12:22 PM
You could argue it's more divisive but it's definitely not the first game to do it. FFVIII was the first to do it.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"