Describe your own perfect vision of a Final Fantasy game!
I didn't think I could come up with anything specific on my own, but reading some of the other posts here somehow reminded me of it, so here goes....
-I don't want to see anything that would fall under the trope known as Guide Dang It. You can have supremely "hidden, super-secret" things in the game, but if you do; make sure that there's some sort of logical way of discovering them that doesn't require looking it up on the internet.
Lazy people insist on cars with automatic transmissions because they're shiftless.
kirusu posted...kupo1705 posted...Innerscope posted...Indeed. I got that from the hospital after I broke my arm flinging X-2 like a frisbee!
Kupo1705 has become FFIX's Garland who's only mission is to see every copy of X-2 burned and he will not rest until he sees this done.
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
kupo1705 posted...kirusu posted...kupo1705 posted...Innerscope posted...Indeed. I got that from the hospital after I broke my arm flinging X-2 like a frisbee!
I suddenly have the urge to find, acquire and subsequently hoard as many copies as I can just to see how much it would frustrate him. "You want 'em? Come and get 'em! HA HA!"
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
It'll be a nightmare for someone else. Possibly that of a 13 year old weaboo.
"I'm garbage, the writing transformed." - Raiden
Q Slick posted...
dils-d posted...2. No battle transitions.
2. I just think we have gotten to the point where they are no longer needed. Additionally, fighting on the regular map looks aesthetically better.
3. It's pretty silly when the average difficulty stays the same for most of the game. As the player gets better, the game should get harder to accommodate.
4. Personally I think XIII could have made it really simple. I mean, L2 and R2 aren't even used for anything.
5. I'm tired of running into invisible walls, only being able to go in a certain direction and only being able to progress in one specific way. Imagine how much more fun XIII would have been with, like, gravity. The game wants you to go around the giant bridge to get to the destination? Nope, jumping down.
8. Someday they will get their act together. Someday.
Oh my god..what have I done..
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
I have the feeling the moment the cheesy dialogue is gone, people will hate any new entry in any RPG series since "they lack the charm of the predecessors".
Final Fantasy 8
I won't go in detail as of now, because ain't nobody got time for that.
Let's just say:
1. Memorable cast of characters (and villains) who consistently develop throughout the game.
2. Subtle yet interesting storyline (like that of Xenoblade)
3. Turn-based combat, which can be Grandia III/ FFX/ FFX-2/ Tales of Graces f/ FFXII style.
4. Vast, explorable open world with treasures or other forms of rewards.
5. Decent amount of puzzles and good challenge from boss fights.
6. HD townz, dungeons, castles, ruins, caverns, and so on.
7. Interesting and handful amount of side-quests, including a colosseum with cameo boss battles.
8. Tactical strategy battles
9. Post-game content.
My perfect FF would have:
-A open world like XII with some areas being linear,open and a combination of both.
-Monsters would roam around the world like XII and XIII, but there would still be random battles like in XIII-2.
-Jobs would return.
-The Battle system should be like an evolution of X-2 battle system that takes place on the field.There should be no battle transition but there should be a limit to the amount of monsters that you get to fight at a time (so that you don't get bombarded by like 20 monsters.
-There would be a clan like in XII where you could get hunts,sidequests and fetch quests etc. Also, you'd be able to socialise with NPC's at the clan using Live Trigger event scenes and this would help flesh out the characters and story.
-There would be 6 playable characters and 4 secret optional characters.During the story there would be guest characters to help during certain sections of the story, but I'd also have a "guild/clan notice board" where you could hire notable NPC's to be guest characters at a fee.These notice boards would be available at special shops ,with different NPC's being available at different shops.
-There would be ±8 story related summons and ±12 optional summons.
-There would be tiers for summons (eg.Carbuncle-lvl 1,Shiva-lvl2,Odin-lvl3,Bahamut-lvl4,etc).Level 1 type summons can stay on the field without having any party members leave your party(almost like an extra party member),Level 2 type summons can only be summoned by having 1 party member leave the party,Level 3 type summons completely replace the rest of the party members(except the summoner) and Level 4 summons are special summons who when summoned only perform their Ultimate attacks and leaves.There would also be customization options for summons.
-There would be a customizable airship that you could use for fast travel over the world, but you'd also risk having airship battles with monsters,millitary,etc.You'll also be able to walk around inside the airship and interact with other party members and crew members.
-There would be lots of light hearted moments when completing optional content such as sidequests and hunts.NPC's would say dumb things like:"When I grow up,I want to be a blitzball" :D
-New game + option.
-My FF has to have multiple endings when doing new game+, the ending you get when playing the normal campaign is canon. There has to be one ending you get in the beginning of the game if the main character decides not to go on his journey.There should also be extra scenes, weapons,equipment,missions,etc.
-Must have lots of Superbosses in dungeons with insanely strong normal enemies.
-must have MOOMBAS!!!!!!!!!
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.