Describe your own perfect vision of a Final Fantasy game!

#91theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:27:57 AM
Q Slick posted...
I didn't think I could come up with anything specific on my own, but reading some of the other posts here somehow reminded me of it, so here goes....

-I don't want to see anything that would fall under the trope known as Guide Dang It. You can have supremely "hidden, super-secret" things in the game, but if you do; make sure that there's some sort of logical way of discovering them that doesn't require looking it up on the internet.

100 percent agree. XII is probably the worst offender of this.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#92wafflepitarmPosted 2/4/2013 9:51:01 AM
Good story, good characters and TOWNS! Yeah i said it! inb4 its obsolete. Towns makes me happy and i dont care if you disagree.
#93aDominationPosted 2/4/2013 10:04:12 AM
Lay of the graphic development and go back to character development.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Into the Void 150(G)Learn the truth of Sithis and lived to be his Listener forever.
#94Q SlickPosted 2/4/2013 3:59:51 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Q Slick posted...
I didn't think I could come up with anything specific on my own, but reading some of the other posts here somehow reminded me of it, so here goes....

-I don't want to see anything that would fall under the trope known as Guide Dang It. You can have supremely "hidden, super-secret" things in the game, but if you do; make sure that there's some sort of logical way of discovering them that doesn't require looking it up on the internet.

XII was precisely the game I had in mind when I wrote it.

What's kind of funny is that one part of X has not only one the worst offenses of this, but also a much better use of it, as well:

Early on in X, there's a conspicuously marked rock, that when you examine it, shows what seems like a random string of letters t h a t a r e s p a c e d l i k e t h i s. That led me to believe that it's only half of the actual message, and that the other half will show up sometime later.

And it does; I think on Biknael Island. Another similarly spaced string of letters. One of these messages is the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc. letters and the other is the 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.

Put them together properly, and translate them from Al Bhed, and the entire message reads "The password is VICTORIOUS". Sure enough, towards the end of the game, when you have the airship, punch in the password VICTORIOUS and you get something cool for it. THIS I LIKE. A puzzle entirely solvable within the game.

But speaking of those passwords, there's nothing that I've seen in the game that even suggests typing in the password GODHAND.
---
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
#95Le_DerpstickPosted 2/4/2013 4:02:57 PM
versus xiii
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#96theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:43:02 PM
bump!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#97Destroyer_MagePosted 2/4/2013 9:10:11 PM
Q Slick posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Q Slick posted...

What's kind of funny is that one part of X has not only one the worst offenses of this, but also a much better use of it, as well:

Early on in X, there's a conspicuously marked rock, that when you examine it, shows what seems like a random string of letters t h a t a r e s p a c e d l i k e t h i s. That led me to believe that it's only half of the actual message, and that the other half will show up sometime later.

And it does; I think on Biknael Island. Another similarly spaced string of letters. One of these messages is the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc. letters and the other is the 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.

Put them together properly, and translate them from Al Bhed, and the entire message reads "The password is VICTORIOUS". Sure enough, towards the end of the game, when you have the airship, punch in the password VICTORIOUS and you get something cool for it. THIS I LIKE. A puzzle entirely solvable within the game.

But speaking of those passwords, there's nothing that I've seen in the game that even suggests typing in the password GODHAND.

Don't you get the GODHAND message in the Calm Lands?I think its on one of those small round "tiles" IIRC
---
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
#98TheGaijinPosted 2/4/2013 9:19:17 PM
A FFX with a better leader, a world map, bigger spaces and FF8's card game.
done.
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#99theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:05:03 PM
TheGaijin posted...
A FFX with a better leader, a world map, bigger spaces and FF8's card game.
done.

Sounds amazing.

Though, personally, X-2's battle system>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X's.

I don't think X's is bad, though. Just nothing special aside from being able to fully control your Aeons.
---
#100wolf riderPosted 2/5/2013 3:33:42 AM
Q Slick posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Q Slick posted...

I got Victorious by myself, but I like those letter jumbling puzzles so I worked it out without knowing it was 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.

Gold Chocobo on the other hand ... I refuse to believe anybody got one without using a guide.
---
Capcom tries to appeal to the CoD gamer with RE6.
CoD gamer buys the new CoD instead.