Ladies and gentlemen of the last few generations, we are a dying breed.

#1dragonkyn20Posted 2/4/2013 7:01:30 PM
I'm sure you have all noticed by now. Quality in Square Enix RPGs have been steadily declining, especially in the Final Fantasy series. The fans of earlier titles, including myself, are part of a dying breed. We refuse to acknowledge or accept this as the new official direction that entertainment is moving towards.

But there is only so much that we can do. Sure, we can boycott or buy used so the company cannot profit from our hard-earned cash, but day by day, we are being outnumbered by the new generation of fans, who have grown accustomed to thinking 'shinier and prettier graphics are more important than a coherent plot'. I still fail to see how anyone could like that abomination of an ending in FFXIII-2 and continue to throw Toriyama money that is not deserved. Even though I like Lightning as a character, her third (as well as the second) entry into the series is nothing more than a cashgrab and a whoring out of a protagonist who should have been put to pasture.

I know this little rant will most likely mean nothing to all of you, but I felt the need to get this out of my mind. Now to wait for the obvious trolls to come out from under the bridges and take their shots at me.
---
PSN: dragonkyn20
Official Abyss Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#2ExtremeLightPosted 2/4/2013 7:07:29 PM
dragonkyn20 posted...
I'm sure you have all noticed by now. Quality in Square Enix RPGs have been steadily declining, especially in the Final Fantasy series. The fans of earlier titles, including myself, are part of a dying breed. We refuse to acknowledge or accept this as the new official direction that entertainment is moving towards.

But there is only so much that we can do. Sure, we can boycott or buy used so the company cannot profit from our hard-earned cash, but day by day, we are being outnumbered by the new generation of fans, who have grown accustomed to thinking 'shinier and prettier graphics are more important than a coherent plot'. I still fail to see how anyone could like that abomination of an ending in FFXIII-2 and continue to throw Toriyama money that is not deserved. Even though I like Lightning as a character, her third (as well as the second) entry into the series is nothing more than a cashgrab and a whoring out of a protagonist who should have been put to pasture.

I know this little rant will most likely mean nothing to all of you, but I felt the need to get this out of my mind. Now to wait for the obvious trolls to come out from under the bridges and take their shots at me.

1.) Uh if this is based off of 5 games... I can figure out what this paragraph is about lmao. Not every older gen people hate FFXIII ya know.

2.) Maybe you don't see this but some of us actually like 13 beyond the graphics. The ending of FF13-2 was a cliffhanger, it served it purpose. And the money for Toriyama is deserved. ... Strong words for Lightning when she took a background role in 13 and a minor role in 13-2.

3.) I'm a troll.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#3dragonkyn20(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:09:15 PM
I fail to see why you felt the need to quote me when you are the only one to comment so far, Light.
---
#4ExtremeLightPosted 2/4/2013 7:11:02 PM
dragonkyn20 posted...
I fail to see why you felt the need to quote me when you are the only one to comment so far, Light.

I like to read and type to make sure I got everything.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#5theofficefan99Posted 2/4/2013 7:14:43 PM
"Steadily" declining? More like rapidly.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6TheGaijinPosted 2/4/2013 7:14:54 PM
I am completely tired of FFXIII series, I can't wait for them to leave it rest behind.

but FXIV has been amazing in the end, the Alpha of new version was awesome and the Beta starts soon and it gives me lot of hope

and the latest tech demos show they can still do top notch graphics if they want to so I hope the end of PS2/PS3 era was a downtime from their part and that they will come back on track for PS4

and it happen to Square Enix but it happen for others (see Capcom saying sorry our latest RE was crap and we should go back to our roots) or all the films made to grab money that are just failing miserably at the box office...

I think we were in a era of games/movies where consumer were buying crap and producers were giving us crap and it worked for a while but it is slowly crumbling.

I just hope I am right and that the next era of gaming will have some quality RPG, especially from Square Enix
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#7ExtremeLightPosted 2/4/2013 7:17:12 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
"Steadily" declining? More like rapidly.

Rapidly is an overstatement. For all we know this year will see the revival of FF with ARR and LR.
---
#8DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/4/2013 7:19:56 PM
I agree except I never liked Lightning. I still think there is hope. What little I've played of Type-0 looks interesting. Versus sounds like it might be good too.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#9dragonkyn20(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:21:15 PM
The new XIV looks promising so I'm volunteering for the beta on both PC and PS3. Hopefully everything has changed for the better.
---
#10theofficefan99Posted 2/4/2013 7:27:38 PM
Also, the amount of "new" fans isn't increasing. Look at the sales dip from XIII to XIII-2, and there will probably be another sales dip from XIII-2 to LR. SE's garbage products (The 3rd Birthday, FFXIV, Front Mission: Evolved, All The Bravest, etc. etc.) don't sell well, either.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin