Ladies and gentlemen of the last few generations, we are a dying breed.

#111OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/4/2013 11:15:49 PM
o.o Memento Mori.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#112roxas9001Posted 2/4/2013 11:19:43 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
Oh yea the topic where Office considers a title as an official start of a new age.

I supported literally everything I said through evidence found straight from the game. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get people to agree with me and have defenders admit they were wrong.

Sure you did
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#113kupo1705Posted 2/4/2013 11:22:58 PM
I suppose we must procreate then.
#114theofficefan99Posted 2/4/2013 11:26:14 PM(edited)
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
Oh yea the topic where Office considers a title as an official start of a new age.

I supported literally everything I said through evidence found straight from the game. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get people to agree with me and have defenders admit they were wrong.

Sure you did

Uh... I did. Read the quotes I pointed out in this topic where people agreed with me and where defenders admitted that they were wrong, as well as the topic itself, where I quoted directly from the game and its datalog to back up my claims. If purposely avoiding the fact that you were wrong helps you sleep at night, then by all means, go ahead.

Oh, another one: "Caught up on the posts. I actually find this topic pretty interesting.

And I do have to say office's posts are making the most sense.

Some of you seem to simply want to disagree with him because he's very forward with his posts and very blunt.

I've knocked a few of his in the past, but I'm not gonna argue with someone who has made it clear he knows what he's talking about more so than any other poster so far."

---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#115theofficefan99Posted 2/4/2013 11:24:41 PM
Speaking of sleeping, I'm going to bed. G'night.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#116Ultima_LordPosted 2/5/2013 12:21:02 AM(edited)
Wow lol. The first 3 or 4 pages of this topic were almost unreadable thanks to Le_Derpstick and westonticklee's posts, especially the latter; I thought you had to be older than 13 to register for GameFAQs o_o.

Having played every FF game up to XIII-2, I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to LR. Had to force myself to finish XIII; it was really, really dull in just about every aspect besides graphics and music compared to, say, X. Now, I can't say anything about the decline in quality of recent games in the series, but I don't believe I'll be purchasing any more FF's as long as Squeenix keeps putting out the same disappointing garbage that they have lately. I mean it's no wonder the scores are lower.

FF may be dead to me and some other people, but I don't believe the series will die any time soon. Square has been pretty crafty with their recent releases -- steaming piles of horse s*** with shiny wrapping paper, wrapping paper disguised as beautiful graphics, good music and cinematic battles that make you think you're playing a good game. It's a genius business tactic, really; any simple-minded gamer would pick it up and go "Omg best graphics I've ever seen, omg best music I've ever heard, omg the battle system does most of the work for me. 10/10 best game ever."

Oh and
Le_Derpstick posted...
And older FFs had far more flaws than the newer ones.

I haven't played them, but visually I can see the gameplay has for the most part improved vastly

I haven't played them

but I can see the gameplay has improved vastly

LOL. Welp, that says a lot.
---
Kanji: But that chick...she is pretty amazing.
Yu: Which chick? Oh right, funbags. - P4 Animation
#117theofficefan99Posted 2/5/2013 12:35:37 AM
Ultima_Lord posted...
Wow lol. The first 3 or 4 pages of this topic were almost unreadable thanks to Le_Derpstick and westonticklee's posts, especially the latter; I thought you had to be older than 13 to register for GameFAQs o_o.

Having played every FF game up to XIII-2, I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to LR. Had to force myself to finish XIII; it was really, really dull in just about every aspect besides graphics and music compared to, say, X. Now, I can't say anything about the decline in quality of recent games in the series, but I don't believe I'll be purchasing any more FF's as long as Squeenix keeps putting out the same disappointing garbage that they have lately. I mean it's no wonder the scores are lower.

FF may be dead to me and some other people, but I don't believe the series will die any time soon. Square has been pretty crafty with their recent releases -- steaming piles of horse s*** with shiny wrapping paper, wrapping paper disguised as beautiful graphics, good music and cinematic battles that make you think you're playing a good game. It's a genius business tactic, really; any simple-minded gamer would pick it up and go "Omg best graphics I've ever seen, omg best music I've ever heard, omg the battle system does most of the work for me. 10/10 best game ever."

Oh and
Le_Derpstick posted...

I haven't played them, but visually I can see the gameplay has for the most part improved vastly

I haven't played them

I lied about going to sleep but I'm going soon.

Anyways, in response to your post:

Which is sooooo funny considering that he posted this on page 2:

"I think the old titles are mostly crap but I love XIII so haha I guess?
You shouldn't refer to it as a "decline in quality" but a "failure to cater to nostalgia whores" [which you seem to be a part of]. If you actually think the quality declined you're smoking some heavy ganja bro."

He pretended to have played the games on Page 2 and then admitted that he didn't play them a few pages later. Wow.
---
#118kittygomeeowPosted 2/5/2013 1:46:01 AM
kupo1705 posted...
I suppose we must procreate then.

you cant breed an older generation. "Generations" themselves are dependent upon different time periods, and time only moves one way.
#119arvilinoPosted 2/5/2013 2:07:16 AM
Ultima_Lord posted...

Oh and
Le_Derpstick posted...

I haven't played them

To be fair ignoring people making claims they really can't make(Le Derpstick) anyone wiling to admit the flaws of the previous games would have to admit the battle systems aren't a great representation of balance(ATB and the battle systems are good, but the content of them is the problem) and by that I mean you can trivialize them with minimal effort and there are several redundant attacks/skills that have no application outside of seeing the pretty effects once and never using them again.
#120Elice_CarolPosted 2/5/2013 3:11:33 AM
Considering that I'm one of the few people able to make sense of the "abomination," please tell me your confusion with XIII-2's so-called incoherent plot.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/