Which FF game had the best music?

#1BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 2/4/2013 11:44:22 PM
For me, it's a toss up between FF7 and FF9.

I will say that Esto Gaza from FF9 is easily top 3 best FF tracks of all time though IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHbozmyJmA
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#2TorgoForeverPosted 2/4/2013 11:47:26 PM
I would say VI
---
#3dils-dPosted 2/4/2013 11:54:06 PM
XIII had BBL. So that one.
---
http://tinyurl.com/keephating-peter
http://tinyurl.com/avengers-masquerade-HQ
#4RX02BansheePosted 2/4/2013 11:59:48 PM
lol, as if this is actually possible to determine. All of them are different in styles past IX, and music taste differs between every single person. What, for example, I consider lame, others will consider the best in the series (and vice versa). The topic should be "what FF game had your favourite music", because there is no way in hell you can actually say best objectively when it comes to music of the quality composed for this series.

And to my revised version of the question, I would say XIII. What I love about it in particular is the variety in the instrumentation used in it. No more do we have to have compositions let down because they're made on a system that has s*** music storage capabilities.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Currently Playing: Pokemon Black 2, Xenoblade Chronicles
#5theofficefan99Posted 2/5/2013 12:01:50 AM
"And to my revised version of the question, I would say XIII. What I love about it in particular is the variety in the instrumentation used in it. No more do we have to have compositions let down because they're made on a system that has s*** music storage capabilities."

I actually agree with this. XIII has one of the stronger soundtracks in the series, IMO. Though, of course, every FF has plenty of amazing tracks. I just think that XIII has the edge because it isn't in crappy MIDI and the music storage capabilities aren't ****.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6Chaotic WarriorPosted 2/5/2013 12:06:18 AM
8 or 9's.

Both imo are over looked. and 9 really did have some of the best ever composed. Just town music as well as field music alone were great.
---
Time and time shall meet again as the threads of destiny entwine... but what if such destiny can be changed? If destiny itself was incorrect?
#7theofficefan99Posted 2/5/2013 12:12:11 AM(edited)
Chaotic Warrior posted...
8 or 9's.

Both imo are over looked. and 9 really did have some of the best ever composed. Just town music as well as field music alone were great.

I loved the tracks in OST Plus, AKA the tracks played during the FMV's, mostly because they were orchestrated.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8Dicer7Posted 2/5/2013 12:37:50 AM
I say XIII, too. Even though I dislike almost everything else about the game I admit the soundtrack is pretty amazing. Other FFs may have a more iconic or memorable track but as a whole I enjoyed nearly every track of XIII.
#9TehAssasinPosted 2/5/2013 1:01:39 AM
VIII. VI is a close second. VII and IX tied for third place.
#10fftspPosted 2/5/2013 1:24:31 AM
XIII-2 is my favourite soundtrack of all time so far, I highly doubt LR would beat that