This is for you Office

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1YY54RI5YY

Just be quiet already.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#182drsw36Posted 2/6/2013 12:41:33 AM
arvilino posted...
"...The Purge was the name given to the mass deportation of Bodhum's residents. The fal'Cie manipulated the actions of the Sanctum and the elite army known as PSICOM, sowing chaos and inciting conflict among Cocoon's populace.

Many civilians fled to Lake Bresha and its ruins to escape the Purge, but a great majority were crushed by ancient structures that collapsed when Cocoon's momentum was suddenly halted."

"Three years ago, mankind stared into the face of extinction when Cocoon almost crashed onto the surface of Pulse.
The sphere's fall was halted by Lightning's companions, Fang and Vanille. Their desperate sacrifice summoned a massive pillar that cradled the plummeting Cocoon in its crystalline branches, averting an unimaginable disaster. The two l'Cie now sleep within the pillar in crystal form, and there are some who believe Lightning slumbers alongside them.

A new age began from that day forth, with each subsequent year marked by the letters AF, or 'After the Fall.'"

That reads like she died at 0AF exactly rather than before it.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make in my post but office refuse to listen to me.
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36
#183roxas9001(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:44:32 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
roxas9001 posted...
This is for you Office

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1YY54RI5YY

Just be quiet already.

I would, I should, but I won't.

so http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mch5wwMosg1qkupnoo1_500.gif
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#184TheGreatPotatoPosted 2/6/2013 12:47:14 AM
drsw36 posted...
arvilino posted...
"...The Purge was the name given to the mass deportation of Bodhum's residents. The fal'Cie manipulated the actions of the Sanctum and the elite army known as PSICOM, sowing chaos and inciting conflict among Cocoon's populace.

Many civilians fled to Lake Bresha and its ruins to escape the Purge, but a great majority were crushed by ancient structures that collapsed when Cocoon's momentum was suddenly halted."

"Three years ago, mankind stared into the face of extinction when Cocoon almost crashed onto the surface of Pulse.
The sphere's fall was halted by Lightning's companions, Fang and Vanille. Their desperate sacrifice summoned a massive pillar that cradled the plummeting Cocoon in its crystalline branches, averting an unimaginable disaster. The two l'Cie now sleep within the pillar in crystal form, and there are some who believe Lightning slumbers alongside them.

A new age began from that day forth, with each subsequent year marked by the letters AF, or 'After the Fall.'"

That's exactly the point I was trying to make in my post but office refuse to listen to me.

I read that earlier. That means she died after Orphan. But was it after Etro intervened?

Anyway, office is wrong no matter when she died.
---
#185roxas9001(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:54:49 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
drsw36 posted...
arvilino posted...

I read that earlier. That means she died after Orphan. But was it after Etro intervened?

Anyway, office is wrong no matter when she died.

Well technically she helped when the crew mixed some of their powers with hers in order to return from Cie'th Mode.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#186TheGreatPotatoPosted 2/6/2013 1:24:42 AM(edited)
If she did intervene to change them back from Cie'th, and this weakened her enough to let Chaos start breaking free, then Alyssa's death came after Chaos began to touch the world.
---
#187ayalorenPosted 2/6/2013 2:14:54 AM
drsw36 posted...
arvilino posted...

I knew I had read that somewhere.
---
Isn't a hand just a hand?
#188arvilinoPosted 2/6/2013 2:19:55 AM
Anyway regardless Bresha ruins collapses when Cocoons momentum has stopped. So Alyssa dies when Cocoon stops falling,after the fall, 0AF.

Alyssa actually died during the Purge that occurs at the beginning of Final Fantasy XIII

Yes she does, but people are still hiding from the Purge at the end of the game aren't they? In Bresha ruins, why else would "her/her friends gravestone" be there? Well lets take a quote directly from FFXIII-2(got it from a quick ffwiki search).

"It's my friend's. She died here. Running from the Purge. And me? I'm one of those who survived."
—Alyssa to Serah

So her friend died running from the Purge at Bresha Ruins,Alyssa was with her friend and dies in her place in the normal time-line, people died when Bresha Ruins collapsed, it collapsed when Cocoon stopped falling, 0AF.
#189maxxxximumPosted 2/6/2013 2:56:42 AM
Changing the future only changes the past because paradoxes exist across time and erasing them in the future causes them to have never existed in the past. It's not like changing anything in the future will change the past. That wouldn't make sense. This also means that solving a paradox can only change the past back to 0AF.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#190TheGreatPotatoPosted 2/6/2013 4:18:20 AM
maxxxximum posted...
Changing the future only changes the past because paradoxes exist across time and erasing them in the future causes them to have never existed in the past. It's not like changing anything in the future will change the past. That wouldn't make sense. This also means that solving a paradox can only change the past back to 0AF.

That is not what it means at all. Etro being able to only give a limited number of humans a soul means that time can only support a limited, perhaps even one, timeline. This means that if the future is altered, the past must in turn alter itself to create the new future.
---