Plot Holes

#31Celes--CherePosted 2/5/2013 2:38:27 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
dils-d posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
dils-d posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Also, while we're pointing out plot holes, I don't know if I'm remembering this right since some of the details of XIII's plot are foggy to me now, but isn't the fact that Barthandelus killed a few humans in Chapter 9 a plot hole?

Why? Fal'Cie can kill humans as far as I know.

I'm not too sure about that. At least with Cocoon fal'Cie. I'll have to check tomorrow. I just pointed this out since I remember people always bringing this up as a plot hole.

Bart killed Jihl, so they must be able to somehow.

Well there is such a thing as a plot hole. I'm curious to see whether it Is one or not but I'm not sure myself.

Fal'Cie can kill humans. Why the heck do you think the party was attacked by several of them?
---
Holy_Banisher
#32_Dim_Posted 2/5/2013 2:50:19 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...
Alyssa's existence is not a plot hole, considering the whole broken time and changing the future changes the past thing. Just because Alyssa was the only example that we saw of the changes reverberating back before the fall, does not mean there are not many others that also happened before that.

This makes no sense. If paradoxes affected "many others" like you're implying, then paradoxes would be just as common before 0 AF as it is afterwards, and we'd be seeing a lot more examples of people in Alyssa's situation, and people before 0 AF would be witnessing paradoxes since a lot of them are visible to everyone, and things would be a lot different than they are now. Still a plot hole.

I'm not sure, but in Paddra paradoxes happened in the past. After Yeul imprisoned Ugallu, a lot of people began to disappear.
#33maxxxximumPosted 2/5/2013 3:08:20 AM
ayaloren posted...
Ever thought about Alyssa's hiding place collapsing when Cocoon fell? Since they never say when, it's not a plothole, just people wanting to find them.

Yeah, she was crushed in the cave in during the fall and died painfully of her wounds over the course of the next several minutes. Right around the time Etro caused the paradoxes by saving the party. Her friend, who was in the same room was presumably unharmed. A paradox swapped them or something shortly before Alyssa died.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#34oxnerdPosted 2/5/2013 3:38:33 AM
I thought plot holes were the point of paradoxes which was the whole point of the game...
#35dils-dPosted 2/5/2013 3:42:15 AM
dils-d posted...
I still don't get why they didn't go after Anima, but instead went for the thing keeping them alive.

I haven't gotten an answer to this. Orphan was nowhere near in danger of being killed, there was no reason for them to go to it.
---
http://tinyurl.com/keephating-peter
http://tinyurl.com/avengers-masquerade-HQ
#36ayalorenPosted 2/5/2013 3:45:52 AM
dils-d posted...
dils-d posted...
I still don't get why they didn't go after Anima, but instead went for the thing keeping them alive.

I haven't gotten an answer to this. Orphan was nowhere near in danger of being killed, there was no reason for them to go to it.

Anima died in chapter 2.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#37dils-dPosted 2/5/2013 3:47:53 AM
ayaloren posted...
dils-d posted...
dils-d posted...

Anima died in chapter 2.

Huh. I assumed it was still in there somewhere.

Wait, that means fal'Cie can kill themselves.
---
http://tinyurl.com/keephating-peter
http://tinyurl.com/avengers-masquerade-HQ
#38Elice_CarolPosted 2/5/2013 3:58:28 AM

Orphan blocked the exit, meaning that it was either kill or be killed.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#39RX02BansheePosted 2/5/2013 4:17:34 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Can you prove this, though?

Not that I don't believe you. I just don't know it myself and I guess our memories are all kinda foggy when it comes to XIII. I'll look up the datalog tomorrow.

Fal'Cie's can't do anything to harm themselves, or basically anything that contradicts their focus (which would be...harming themselves and killing themselves). Humans are completely game, heck branding them in the first place is just a way to kill them anyway.

I recall it coming up in the game at some point, can't remember when. But really, it makes sense. Why would they waste time making this big plan to open the gate by killing all the humans so they can be released from their enslavment if they could just kill themselves?

dils-d posted...
ayaloren posted...
dils-d posted...
dils-d posted...

Anima died in chapter 2.

Huh. I assumed it was still in there somewhere.

Wait, that means fal'Cie can kill themselves.

That was the work of Psicom (or whatever the human military are) iirc, not the Fal'Cie.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Currently Playing: Pokemon Black 2, Xenoblade Chronicles
#40Alky88Posted 2/5/2013 4:54:58 AM
roxas9001 posted...
ayaloren posted...
Ever thought about Alyssa's hiding place collapsing when Cocoon fell? Since they never say when, it's not a plothole, just people wanting to find them.

I think i brought that up one point but most lkely it was overlooked/still labeled a plothole.

This is a good point though. I don't remember the game stating exactly when Alyssa died. The Purge is mentioned but that doesn't mean she died before the fall.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"