Anima plot hole *spoilers*

#21KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/5/2013 11:34:15 AM
zodiac_sword posted...
KittenSndwchmkr posted...
She Sacrificed herself to become the fayth

That is how final aeons are made.

That's how all aeons are made. It always thought Yunalesca was essential to the process of creating a final aeon, either by knowing or doing something.That's why her death was so important, and the fact that Anima was housed in a temple other than the one in Zanarkand kinda makes me wonder.

So they went halfway through Zanarkand and then decided to go back and THEN she did it?

Besides, I am pretty sure it was mentioned that Anima's Fayth was moved to Baaj Temple.
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.
#22zodiac_swordPosted 2/5/2013 11:37:26 AM
So they went halfway through Zanarkand and then decided to go back and THEN she did it?

No. I don't think that memory actually took place in Zanarkand.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#23KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/5/2013 11:41:39 AM
zodiac_sword posted...

No. I don't think that memory actually took place in Zanarkand.

I never really thought about that...

If you take this into consideration while looking at Seymour, it makes him even more twisted and messed up.
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.
#24Elice_CarolPosted 2/5/2013 11:52:53 AM
Nobody's hating on Shadow Yeul, are they? ....Good, now to become Dilsdoe's main opponent.

1. Anima did not kill itself, nor did the l'Cie kill it. After the l'Cie are branded PSICOM uses lasers to destroy the Pulse Vestige, killing the fal'Cie. The sheer impact of the fal'Cie's death caused Lake Bresha to crystallize upon crashing down. Barthandelus did not kill himself, as the l'Cie had the power to destroy his physical body. It is then assumed that he assimilated himself into Orphan at this point.

2. The fal'Cie would have to give the order to do that, however. You could say that Eden would give the order to blow up Edenhall in order to protect it from being tainted by Pulse, but considering that Eden's pretty much the one thing keeping Cocoon running that wouldn't be seen as a very smart idea. Thus, the big bad l'Cie get to invade it and Orphan's Cradle.

Honestly, you make such a big deal out of something that can so easily be rectified. Sure, I theorized most of the second point but considering the info given in the Datalog it's also common sense. Go ahead and throw another plot hole at me if you wish.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#25dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:08:56 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
1. Anima did not kill itself, nor did the l'Cie kill it. After the l'Cie are branded PSICOM uses lasers to destroy the Pulse Vestige, killing the fal'Cie. The sheer impact of the fal'Cie's death caused Lake Bresha to crystallize upon crashing down. Barthandelus did not kill himself, as the l'Cie had the power to destroy his physical body. It is then assumed that he assimilated himself into Orphan at this point.

Sure, PSICOM killed it. That brings us to #2.

2. The fal'Cie would have to give the order to do that, however. You could say that Eden would give the order to blow up Edenhall in order to protect it from being tainted by Pulse, but considering that Eden's pretty much the one thing keeping Cocoon running that wouldn't be seen as a very smart idea. Thus, the big bad l'Cie get to invade it and Orphan's Cradle.

Barthandelus would give the order, operating under the Sanctum. Honestly, if they are able to convince the entirety of Cocoon that anyone from Pulse is a monster and needs to be killed/removed in order for them to survive, surely he could have created a mob of undercover l'Cie rallying PSICOM against the "threat inside Eden".

Honestly, you make such a big deal out of something that can so easily be rectified. Sure, I theorized most of the second point but considering the info given in the Datalog it's also common sense. Go ahead and throw another plot hole at me if you wish.

The point is that much of this is left up to assumption. It's just like the "why didn't Caius just stab himself"-craze before, it just feels like the writers didn't really want to put any effort into covering up vague moments like these.

The fact remains that Barthandelus had both the tools and fools (hehe) to finish the job, but decided to go in a completely different, doubtful direction.
---
http://tinyurl.com/keephating-peter
http://tinyurl.com/avengers-masquerade-HQ
#26Iampony1Posted 2/5/2013 12:30:37 PM
hehe salmon
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#27lightdragoon88Posted 2/5/2013 12:47:24 PM
dils-d posted...
Discussed this in another thread, decided to make a poll out of it to get some answers.

In XIII after branding the l'Cie, the Vestige was attacked by PSICOM, causing it to fall down into Lake Bresha, which Anima crystallized (don't really know why, possibly to save the l'Cie from going Splat!). Anima died after this.

This opens up two possibilities:

1) Fal'Cie can kill themselves

This renders the entire plot of XIII useless, as the rules for fal'Cie applies to all of them. This is also possibly seen before the battle with Orphan, as Barthandelus seemingly sacrifices himself to awaken Orphan. If this is true someone needs to slap Toriyama in the face with a salmon.

2) PSICOM possess firepower enough to kill fal'Cie

This would be a major plot hole, as not only is Dysley in control over PSICOM, he has been shown to use his own l'Cie (namely Raines) to manipulate others to do his bidding. Additionally, it is unlikely that any humans have been very far into Eden, at least not far enough to go into the Narthex. Orphan could therefore hold the same status as Anima within the Vestige (that is, as a hidden threat sent from Pulse), if that's what Barthandelus told them. There is then literally nothing that stops them from blowing up the entire Edenhall, taking both fal'Cie with them.

............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh man...You need to be hit with 2 salmon after the crap you just said.

1)Fai'Cie can't kill themselves or others. It was the combination of the team and PISCOM that "killed" Anima (as we don't know what happen to it.

2) Orphan is the power source of Cocoon. You think people are going to kill it and kill themselves?

So in short...no plothole, just people here being stupid.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#28InnerscopePosted 2/5/2013 1:18:28 PM
hyro56 posted...
Innerscope posted...
Let's waste this thread

That's your cue, Jennifer.

Do you have any proof that I'm j-fielding?
---
Crappiest quote of the year:
"you must be tired kupo.. you need a trollcation..." -VanilleHopen
#29kupo1705Posted 2/5/2013 1:18:56 PM
Innerscope posted...
hyro56 posted...
Innerscope posted...
Let's waste this thread

Everyone is.
#30InnerscopePosted 2/5/2013 1:20:20 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Innerscope posted...
hyro56 posted...
Innerscope posted...
Let's waste this thread

Everyone is.

Including Terra
---
Crappiest quote of the year:
"you must be tired kupo.. you need a trollcation..." -VanilleHopen