13 is what started the venom spewing between fans

#1DrgonbxcrossPosted 2/5/2013 1:22:22 PM
And split the fanbase between older and newer fans (let's say newer fans joined around 12 since I don't it's possible that 13's and 13-2's sales garnered millions of sales from mostly "brand new" fans) and turned it into a dick waving contest to see which games were better.

I'd give it a C+. The combat system really got on my nerves with character placement and attacks getting interrupted and canceled. And the fact that there was no leveling system for defense really urked me (the accessories were cool, but even then those only helped your defense by like, what? 15% or something?). The story was alright, exploration being limited to a few areas on pulse (even though a couple areas were big, they got pretty dull for me) and being motivated by missions was really dull though.

Didn't like 13-2

but anyways.

Frankly, it's gotten pretty old, and hopefully it ends with versus or 15. Although I can't see that happening because then all the 13 diehards will want more games similar to 13, and more lightning, of course.

Can't we just get a new mainline FF and all harp on that instead?
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#2kirusuPosted 2/5/2013 1:24:49 PM
my hatred started with that prequel crisis core, and sequel to ff4TAY. this shows that sequels and prequels are not good when they tell the story of the previous game. the exact whole story at that.
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#3chocolatesodaPosted 2/5/2013 1:26:59 PM
Fans started to split since VII (maybe even before that). It only escalated over time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#4SmashwarlocksPosted 2/5/2013 1:50:13 PM
Its always been devisive. the availability of internet makes it visible.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#5chaosflame108Posted 2/5/2013 2:22:10 PM
Umm, not really. I'd say it started with 8.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#6MesmerilPosted 2/5/2013 2:23:09 PM
It started with people who started it.
#7darkphoenix181Posted 2/5/2013 2:26:14 PM
It started with 7 when 7 fans said it was best game ever and older fans said no.
Then the video game media kept chiming in about how 7 sold massive copies and putting it at the top of lists. This made FF7 haters mad and jealous at the same time because now their only argument was opinion whereas FF7 fans had psuedo facts. Then came the venom.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#8shinigami_mattPosted 2/5/2013 2:42:14 PM
Smashwarlocks posted...
Its always been devisive. the availability of internet makes it visible.

---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#9ExtremeLightPosted 2/5/2013 3:10:19 PM
8... then X-2. Then whatever game come after Versus. These "divide" happen after a major FF games.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#10OpheliaAdenadePosted 2/5/2013 3:12:00 PM
I came in with FF VI o.o and I actually like the XIII saga. So it's not old vs new thing exactly. Just different tastes and hurt butts.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw