What if Serah cheated on Snow with Noel

#141GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 12:06:29 AM
ColorSlander posted...
to be fair, Nabaat's strength is less about her being strong as much as those freaking monsters she uses. Anyone would be hard with all those behemoths around. And her Sab skills could be explained via paramagic, as some non lcie enemies use magic too.

I was more talking about how her Sadistic Surge WILL oneshot whoever gets hit by it, even if they have gargantuan HP. You'd think a human can't do that much damage in one go, but there she is, doing damage comparable to that of Snow while not even being a l'Cie with pure brute force. Snow needs the charge-up Sovereign Fist to do comparable damage (although I'll admit he can do damage if left unchecked), and unlike Nabaat, you can and should go the whole fight never seeing it, while unless you one-round her (which isn't nearly as easy to do as it sounds, and it's telling she's the one Coliseum fight that needs markedly different tactics from the others), she will land Sadistic Surge and randomly kill someone.

The monsters are little threat. You can two-round the Behemoths, and they barely do any damage at all if you go in with a typical Colosseum party. It's the bonuses she gets from slaughtering her own minions that are a problem, especially the self-heal from the PSICOM Wardens. At least Snow doesn't heal himself.

And then when Nabaat is at low HP, she starts spamming attacks instead of remaining passive when her freaking Pokemon are out. And she typically multihits for 1000+ damage per hit even with a Sentinel out. It's incredibly annoying even with a maxed party.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#142TasokuPosted 2/14/2013 12:38:42 AM
EpsteinBarr posted...
Tasoku posted...
It's more that if Serah just doesn't have a justifiable reason to cheat on Snow it makes her a horrible character to the people who actually invest in a supposedly canon ship in the game.

Really I don't think Serah/Noel is that bad, just that the reasons that people make it work are horrible. In some instances it could work out if planned accordingly. But yeah it's something SE would never think of doing since they didn't establish at all that Serah would cheat on Snow ever.

SE wouldn't have the balls to do something like that.

I think they did in the older games. Now I'm not so sure since we have voice-acting now and the dialogues aren't in our heads.
---
Currently playing: Theatrhythm, because it's addicting.
Official Hope/Lightning fan of the FFXIII-2 Board... but no one cares </3
#143MysteryVeilPosted 2/14/2013 3:41:41 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
Romangelo is on his period.

That's nice to know, what's he bleeding?

Strawberry Milk.

:(

Why do threads always end up with these types of conversations?

You mean why do threads with QR people always end up like this?

Ouch.

*laughs*
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#144Elice_CarolPosted 2/14/2013 4:08:15 AM(edited)
Myss...

Not with me around, no.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that there's no other Behemoths in A Dying World after Noel kills the one for Yeul's birthday? He basically drove the species to extinction, and that fella in particular must've been too weak for a guy like Noel to lose against. Even then, Noel has to regain his composure afterwards.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#145MysteryVeilPosted 2/14/2013 5:51:46 AM
Elice: Not laughing at anyone.

I'm just done with fighting, so not gonna bother getting worked up about it.
---
#146KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/14/2013 5:53:31 AM
MysteryVeil posted...

You should notice that the guy who posted it is still sad that the QR kicked him out for being obnoxious. You really should rememberm you are one of the people who voted him out.
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.
#147MysteryVeilPosted 2/14/2013 6:05:28 AM
KittenSndwchmkr posted...
MysteryVeil posted...

You should notice that the guy who posted it is still sad that the QR kicked him out for being obnoxious. You really should rememberm you are one of the people who voted him out.

Huh? I don't remember voting to kick anyone out. I wasn't part of any vote.
---
#148KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/14/2013 6:07:35 AM
MysteryVeil posted...
KittenSndwchmkr posted...
MysteryVeil posted...

Huh? I don't remember voting to kick anyone out. I wasn't part of any vote.

Everyone were asked what to do with Potato because of his behavior, I sent you a PM, and you said you are okay with him being out.
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.
#149TheGreatPotatoPosted 2/14/2013 6:39:12 AM
Hey val. Since you were not there for my first day in the QR chatbox, here are some excerpts:

Me: Hello everyone
Guy whose name I have forgotten: hello there! Who are you?
Me: Oh I am from gfaqs.
Guy: Ah. So you saw our recent postings?
Me: Ya. I came here to hit on you all.
Guy: Haha :)
Me: Nah. I came here to see who you all were, and why you were zerging gfaqs with stuff about glitchy.

(I come back 5 hours later to see everyone talking seriously about me coming to hit on everyone. They would bring this up every single day).

Oh yeah, my first day I also met 'dolan':

Dolan comes in, starts saying the stupidest things I have ever seen, then goes off about shippers. I think to myself, 'this dolan is so stupid that they should be banned from the internet for life'. Someone mentions the QR staple of being on your period, to which dolan responds with some messed up crap. She yells about 'leaking' and spraying blood everywhere, for like 2 mins. I expect a suspension or something, but instead everyone plays along. They begin to act out wiping blood off their faces. I am sitting here wondering wtf is wrong with these people, when dolan changes her name to elice. Whoa...she sure changes when she is off gfaqs...

Yeah, fun day that was.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#150GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 7:01:44 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
Myss...

Not with me around, no.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that there's no other Behemoths in A Dying World after Noel kills the one for Yeul's birthday? He basically drove the species to extinction, and that fella in particular must've been too weak for a guy like Noel to lose against. Even then, Noel has to regain his composure afterwards.

Noel had also been hunting on his own for a while at that point, and the monsters in A Dying World are pretty damn dangerous - especially the Gargonzola, which isn't nearly as harmless as you'd think from a hunk of rotting animated cheese.

That he survived at all when he HAD to get food all by himself in a world where monsters are the ONLY food source (since unlike Caius, he and Yeul most definitely weren't immortal, and thus starving was a concrete possibility), is if anything a testament to how tough he is. I'd guess that he killed every other Behemoth just to get food for himself, Yeul and presumably Caius (even if the latter didn't really need it), and given how once the dream sequence ends the village is infested by Cie'th, he probably also had to work his ass off to keep Yeul safe until everything went pear-shaped.

With that said, Noel establishes himself as super tough when he gets punched in the face by Paradox Alpha and not only doesn't die, but is up and ready to fight in a flash afterwards. No matter what others may think, we're still talking a giant hand-shaped block of iron and stone the size of a three-stories house slugging him and throwing him against the granite wall behind him. Anyone else in Noel's place would be chunky salsa at that point. The kid's stupidly tough.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius