Will you still love the FF series if LR is good?

#1MewMewFanPosted 2/6/2013 6:27:55 PM
Now I don't want any derailing or trolling. FFXIII series may have its ups and downs, but will you still play the FF series if the XIII series is complete?
---
Waiting for Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and Neptunia App!
#2Yuji KaidoPosted 2/6/2013 6:29:36 PM
Stuck with it this long.

The FF series is that one great friend you had good times with but was then hit with a mental disease. But you stick around anyway out of pity/duty remorse.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
You can't cook, you won't get naked...what are you even good for ?! - Yosuke
#3Sera_Aikawa7Posted 2/6/2013 6:30:58 PM
This is not Pokemon board.
#4thephoenixlivesPosted 2/6/2013 6:56:24 PM
The way I see it, it doesn't matter whether I enjoy LR or not. Because it's branching out so far from the core of FF (starting with XIII and continuing on), it's not really representative of why I got into the series in the first place.

If LR sucks and everyone agrees, it might persuade Square Enix to return to old formulas a little more. But hey, if it's awesome, and they can find success on this road, more power to them.
#5westontickleePosted 2/6/2013 7:02:28 PM
Yuji Kaido posted...
Stuck with it this long.

The FF series is that one great friend you had good times with but was then hit with a mental disease. But you stick around anyway out of pity/duty remorse.

But if they were a great friend youwould stick around because they are a great friend. Not out of pity.

But it's you, Yuji Kaido I'm replying to so ...
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#6Yuji KaidoPosted 2/6/2013 7:05:00 PM
westonticklee posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...
Stuck with it this long.

But if they were a great friend youwould stick around because they are a great friend. Not out of pity.

Just an accurate assessment on my feelings towards the series.

But of course you would take it so literally because it's you.....uh......whoever you are.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
You can't cook, you won't get naked...what are you even good for ?! - Yosuke
#7auflamePosted 2/6/2013 7:05:37 PM
The beauty with the FF series is that each game is distinctively different from one another in many categories minus XIII and part 2 which were essentially the same with some updates. Even if LR bombs (which it can occur given how bad of a reputation the Lightning saga has built over the years) I would be open for a brand new FF game and could end up loving it. I am not a devout or SE fanatic, but there is no doubt that this past generation was a fail for SE in terms of quality in their games for the most part.
---
PSN: auflame
Soul Silver FC: 2666 2859 6177
#8westontickleePosted 2/6/2013 7:12:23 PM
Yuji Kaido posted...
westonticklee posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...
Stuck with it this long.

Just an accurate assessment on my feelings towards the series.

But of course you would take it so literally because it's you.....uh......whoever you are.

You should know who I am...
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#9Fatboy2020Posted 2/6/2013 7:48:53 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Yuji did you order lunch? Cause you just got served.
---
screw internet punctuation/spelling/grammar
you know what it means so dont tell me how to fix it
#10westontickleePosted 2/6/2013 8:08:13 PM
Fatboy2020 posted...
HAHAHAHA!!! Yuji did you order lunch? Cause you just got served.

---
I come from the future