Will you buy an remake of FF7 the greatest game in the FF series of the PS1 era?

#161NejiHyuga900Posted 2/7/2013 6:09:15 PM
From: thephoenixlives | Posted: 2/7/2013 6:12:23 AM | #004
FireMage7777 posted...
Day 1 purchase

I never played FF7 but since it is the most popular FF game, I would like to get it.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#162SandOnMyBootPosted 2/7/2013 6:13:24 PM
Not the best FF ever, nor even the best FF on the PS1.

But yeah, I'd still buy a remake.
#163Undead587Posted 2/7/2013 6:14:58 PM
I am personally tired of remakes, so I am done buying them. I recently finished FF4 on PS and FF6 on SNES. There's no reason these games need to be remade again. Any of the previous remakes have fine graphics.

I want a new, good Final Fantasy game that brings back the enjoyment that IV and VI provided. A FF game devoid of bishounen men (okay Cecil may have been slightly feminine in some renditions) and female characters that are irritating. A good story without teenage angst would also be welcome.

Alas, this won't happen. SE is past their prime. I have no idea who their target audience is anymore. They just try to appeal to everyone. That works great for a phone game, but if I am going to shell out $60 for a new game, I want something that's targeted towards my demographic of 30ish males that want a good, oldschool RPGs.
#164ZrodeathPosted 2/7/2013 6:45:18 PM
Day 1 Purchase and id probably end up getting fired from work
#165g6260Posted 2/7/2013 6:46:28 PM
Nope, three reasons why I wouldn't go anywhere near a FF7 remake:

Crisis Core
Advent Children
Dirge of Cerberus
---
GT: amillionknivezz
http://i.imgur.com/ComI0.gif
#166raven80wolf_x2Posted 2/7/2013 6:51:49 PM
sorry final fantasy 7 is not my favorite game I hated most of the characters in the game I rather play 9 remake if done right but a lot of stuff was hand drawn
---
3DS FC: 0989-2382-1096 add me and private message me if you like to tell me
kid icarus why can't you have a demo =(
#167MalakTawusPosted 2/7/2013 6:51:49 PM
I would buy FFVII's remake on day one, no doubt about that.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#168FireKatKidPosted 2/7/2013 7:10:35 PM
While I have to wholeheartedly agree that "if the new game director doesn't direct it" would surely be a big selling point: no.

Sadly, though beating it, I really just couldn't get into FF7 at all. Leveling the magic got -way, WAY- too tedious, the story had gigantic holes, and I'm not even sure if those are from bad translation or not. That and the only characters I could honestly bring myself to become attached to were Cid and Red XIII. I would love to say Cait Sith, but they really didn't give him crap for character progression or attacks. Even his "dramatic sacrifice" was ruined mere seconds later when somehow he already had a replacement in the vicinity.

Not to say that, if they fixed these intolerable mistakes, that I wouldn't play it, mind you. I simply wouldn't buy it.
Now if it was a Final Fantasy 6 or 9 remake, I would be all over that thing.
As much as I hate to agree with the guys that would rather Square make new games instead of relying on old stuff, you also have to admit that the majority of the people against it have already given up on their new stuff anyways.
#169zodiac_swordPosted 2/7/2013 7:17:06 PM
FireKatKid posted...
the story had gigantic holes

*points to the FF7 board*
Direct your questions there.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#170AtalalamaPosted 2/7/2013 7:30:22 PM
Depends. Will it have large towns? More, better-playing mini-games? No censorship due to greater graphical ability to show greater details? Adjusted materia slotting (so that physical characters can power-up physical materia faster than magical materia & vice-verse, as well as limiting/bonusing magic a character can use from each materia (whether learned or not) - such as Barret being unable to cast "Firaga" until lvl 60+, but Yuffie can do it as soon as learned (which quite honestly only makes sense)? Better, more in-depth story/translation? Offer original/updated battle system? Updated (re: modern) graphics (unlike the abortion that is FFVIIPCHD)?

In other words, is it a game I would want to play again for the first time, or is it just a prettier game I already played hundreds of times before?