Will you buy an remake of FF7 the greatest game in the FF series of the PS1 era?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Will you buy an remake of FF7 the greatest game in the FF series of the PS1 era?

User Info: zodiac_sword

zodiac_sword
4 years ago#171
@Atalalama

Yuffie is not a mage.
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?

User Info: mistermikeymike

mistermikeymike
4 years ago#172
SonyHoundDawg posted...
FF7 is massively over rated. Its a big step down from the master piece of FF6 before it.

Anyways, if its just your typical HD remake I will not buy it.

IF they updated the graphics and such like Halo Anniversary and it was a $40 or cheaper price tag like that game, I probably would.

ff7 is better than ff6. 6 does nothing new. and has no story. and 6 fanboys are going to jump all over me and try to convince me that it does but in reality you have 6; 1/3 of the script of 7. everyone is a side character. basically a sandbox game in the second half. it's not a story. i mean terra gets developed like barret of 7.

and you can't even say 7 is overrated. if you had been alive when 7 was released you would realize how innovative it was. everyone copied 7. 7 was the gold standard. all the things 7 did right? people copied and put it in their game. of course it's not groundbreaking today because 7 set the standard
So Damn Foxy.

User Info: FireKatKid

FireKatKid
4 years ago#173
zodiac_sword posted...
FireKatKid posted...
the story had gigantic holes

*points to the FF7 board*
Direct your questions there.

I'd really rather not. I like games that I can play and enjoy, not play and then go do research years later.
Sides, I never had questions for it anyways. About halfway through I gave up and just rushed to beat it.

After I got a Gold Chocobo of course. I do love my Chocobos.

User Info: Chaotic Warrior

Chaotic Warrior
4 years ago#174
you do know there were only 3 games for final fantasy numbered on the ps1 right?

and for some, ff7 wasn't the greatest. Some liked 9 more or 8 more then 7.

as for a remake? Yes I'd buy it simply cause I can no longer play it since my PS3 doesn't play ps1 games and I'm not going to re-buy a game I already own for another 20$ if it has the same graphics + no voice acting.
Time and time shall meet again as the threads of destiny entwine... but what if such destiny can be changed? If destiny itself was incorrect?
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Will you buy an remake of FF7 the greatest game in the FF series of the PS1 era?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived