Poll: Which Final Fantasy character has had the toughest life?

#101wolf riderPosted 2/9/2013 7:15:35 AM
Whoa, I voted Noel without thinking, then I remembered what Terra went through. Tough call between the two.
---
Capcom tries to appeal to the CoD gamer with RE6.
CoD gamer buys the new CoD instead.
#102Wise_PotatoPosted 2/9/2013 7:59:16 AM
Lmao Noel is actually winning...
---
I'm half serious most of the time.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#103Nmilek1Posted 2/9/2013 8:47:17 AM(edited)
Barret, single dad, lost his best friend, had to kill his best friend, worked as a miner, lost his arm, his daughter was kidnapped, lost his entire team, wife died, made a bad decision that led to the destruction of his town.

The only other character that comes close to that level of a bum deal is Vivi.
#104Zantetsuken_GPosted 2/9/2013 9:59:46 AM
I'm leaning toward Squall, he was such a closed off character because he never let anyone close because of his fear of being abandoned. The character making it tough on himself rather than the world making it tough on the character.

And in the ending I remember correct he was lost and on his own couldn't find his way back to the others, and Rinoa had to help him find his way... I think, been a while since I played FF8.

---
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
#105UnderratedGamerPosted 2/10/2013 1:12:27 AM
So...I'm the only one that's leaning towards Cyan? I'm reading abandonment issues, I'm reading psyche issues...but not reading any post of watching wife, child, and entire country succumb to fatal poison issues. Is that not worthy of a vote or something?

Oh well, he gets my vote.

Cyan: 1
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#106lamerhaterPosted 2/10/2013 5:15:15 AM
Batcomputer posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
Pedophiliac isn't a word, just like how Noel's relationship cannot be construed as pedophilia.

That's like the opinion of a person who supports cousin-cousin marriage. Nothing wrong there. *looks at Alfred smirk at the ludicrous Elice*

Elice_Carol posted...
If Noel was 24 and Yeul was 21, the age difference would be accepted and not seen as strange at all, and considering that they were the only two people left it wouldn't exactly matter to anyone.

Did I say anything about the age difference, or are you just high strung on defending Noel, you've begun seeing things?

The topic at hand is Noel's infatuation with a minor. My bad, *minors. Not the 3 year age gap.

Lets just take this and just put my two cents here.

To take the first and second points here, Noel and Yeul having a relationship probably wouldn't be seen as pedophilia in their day. People apparently had dramatically shorter lifespans than we do, as Noel did state his Grandmother to have died at something along the lines of "The ripe old age of 30."

Just to put that out there, he's already exceeded half of his expected lifespan.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#107MegaWentEvilPosted 2/10/2013 7:55:33 AM
As for non-FF characters, Serge does seem like a Woobie to me:

Transported to an alternate dimension where nobody knows him AND he's already dead in it.
Best friend gets poisoned by Lynx, and depending on what your decisions, he'll say "There's nothing we can do" to Korcha.
Lynx eventually steals his body and stabs Kid while in his body, most party members lose trust in Serge.
He's ostracized by many for being a demi-human while in Lynx's body.
Has to go on a quest for 6 relics to recover his body.
It only gets better when he regains his original body. He seems pretty headstrong at the end of the game...

---
Aku wa yurusan. - Kim Kaphwan
#108FtpkornPosted 2/10/2013 9:34:20 AM
MegaWentEvil posted...
As for non-FF characters, Serge does seem like a Woobie to me:

Transported to an alternate dimension where nobody knows him AND he's already dead in it.
Best friend gets poisoned by Lynx, and depending on what your decisions, he'll say "There's nothing we can do" to Korcha.
Lynx eventually steals his body and stabs Kid while in his body, most party members lose trust in Serge.
He's ostracized by many for being a demi-human while in Lynx's body.
Has to go on a quest for 6 relics to recover his body.
It only gets better when he regains his original body. He seems pretty headstrong at the end of the game...

Possibly my favorite series ever, wish they made a third -.-
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!