......Am I the only one who half expects to hear Dubstep in the OST?

#11FtpkornPosted 2/7/2013 11:38:48 PM
Idk, with how crap the music industry is these days you might be right.
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!
#12BlueMagicLorePosted 2/8/2013 7:07:16 AM
Oh god....

They really, really shouldn't. But I can see some crackpot on the development team thinking that dubstep will "appeal more to a Western audience" and before you know it, we'll have 5 or 6 dubstep tracks on the OST.
#13Shadowrider70Posted 2/8/2013 7:36:55 AM
I wouldn't be to surprised if it did happen. Personally, if they did, I'd turn the BGM volume down, but I'm sure many people out there would love it.
---
Currently playing: DMC HD Collection; MGS Collection.
PSN: Shadowrider74
#14DemonPathRevya(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:15:40 AM
I knew I wasn't the only one who could see it happening (though personally I wouldn't want it) And yes XIII-2 did do a lot of experimenting with it's OST. My thought is they will try to go back with the XIII formula half way then decided it should still be in relation to XIII-2, so they describe to throw in some RnB or something lol.

It's funny though, before Nomura decided to screw around with VII compilations and X-2, I would have never expected to hear something like techno, Japanese pop or dubstep in the series............ Boy we've come a long way.
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#15gunbladeuserPosted 2/8/2013 8:19:21 AM
I want classical metal like castlevania. I also like SOME dubstep though, not a lot.
---
Official "Moguna" of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
3ds FC: 2363 5862 4023 Nathan
#16Shadowrider70Posted 2/8/2013 8:21:58 AM
DemonPathRevya posted...
I knew I wasn't the only one who could see it happening (though personally I wouldn't want it) And yes XIII-2 did do a lot of experimenting with it's OST. My thought is they will try to go back with the XIII formula half way then decided it should still be in relation to XIII-2, so they describe to throw in some RnB or something lol.

It's funny though, before Nomura decided to screw around with VII compilations and X-2, I would have never expected to hear something like techno, Japanese pop or dubstep in the series............ Boy we've come a long way.

Yes, we have. We started on the NES, and are nao continuing even through the newest consoles and handhelds. Now, we just need a truly successful release, and then we can get back on track.
---
#17DemonPathRevya(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:31:01 AM
Shadowrider70 posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...

Yes, we have. We started on the NES, and are nao continuing even through the newest consoles and handhelds. Now, we just need a truly successful release, and then we can get back on track.

Type-0 would reassure my complete faith in SE actually, but it seems that wont happen anytime soon (if at all)
---
#18Shadowrider70Posted 2/8/2013 8:35:51 AM(edited)
DemonPathRevya posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...

Type-0 would reassure my complete faith in SE actually, but it seems that wont happen anytime soon (if at all)

Yep. I really hope that Square will localize this for us. But, with Square's current streak, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Well, maybe Square will get another great mind and he'll say "Y'know what? Our fans over in 'Murica, Europe, and everyone else want Type-0, right? Well, lets give it to 'em!!" That'd be just wonderful.
---
#19DemonPathRevya(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:15:41 AM
Shadowrider70 posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...

Yep. I really hope that Square will localize this for us. But, with Square's current streak, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Well, maybe Square will get another great mind and he'll say "Y'know what? Our fans over in 'Murica, Europe, and everyone else want Type-0, right? Well, lets give it to 'em!!" That'd be just wonderful.

It would be wonder...
---