It makes sense that ffxiii was linear

#1stylsavsimPosted 2/7/2013 5:42:30 PM
How could they possibly explore, talk to NPCs, ride airships ect. if they were being chased by the army and practically everyone on Cocoon was afraid of them? It makes sense that Gran Pulse was the least linear area in the entire game.
#2TheGaijinPosted 2/7/2013 5:47:30 PM
stylsavsim posted...
How could they possibly explore, talk to NPCs, ride airships ect. if they were being chased by the army and practically everyone on Cocoon was afraid of them? It makes sense that Gran Pulse was the least linear area in the entire game.

are you trying to convinced yourself?
I thought the same the first play "they are chased, of course they need to move"
but on second play-through it just felt soooooooo constricted in many ways (the path, the crystalium, the interactivity, side-quest..) that even the "they are chased" excuse become inexcusable
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#3NotChris_HansenPosted 2/7/2013 5:49:42 PM
Then they should have come up with a different story.
#4lightdragoon88Posted 2/7/2013 5:51:05 PM
stylsavsim posted...

The fact that every time we got to a town, it got attacked makes it easy to understand the "no town" thing.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#5KimMohicanTribePosted 2/7/2013 5:53:17 PM
I would've give it a B+ if it had a overworld. I think people will say im ignorant to change but im not. DmC gameplay with RPG world map is a A++++++ game :D
---
The Official proud native american! [ My family approves of this song, strangely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3srk8Dkuo ]
#6Le_DerpstickPosted 2/7/2013 5:59:55 PM
KimMohicanTribe posted...
I would've give it a B+ if it had a overworld. I think people will say im ignorant to change but im not. DmC gameplay with RPG world map is a A++++++ game :D

go play darksiders
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#7UnderratedGamerPosted 2/13/2013 5:25:10 AM
stylsavsim posted...

Omg...excuses from the most hardcore 13 fanboys themselves.

I don't care if they're being chased by the police...I want to play something that actually lets me move left and right for once.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#8MagiusNecrosPosted 2/13/2013 5:28:16 AM
GILGAMESH was being hunted by the authorities cuz he took some wimp's sword when he was in Ivalice and no one could beat him until you stepped up to him and even then you couldn't beat him to the point of death.

I think Lightning and co. would have been fine with Gran Pulse's idiot human beings so there is really no excuse.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#9KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/13/2013 5:29:21 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
GILGAMESH was being hunted by the authorities cuz he took some wimp's sword when he was in Ivalice and no one could beat him until you stepped up to him and even then you couldn't beat him to the point of death.

Kinda hard when he keeps running like that.
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.
#10masked_yazooPosted 2/13/2013 5:31:24 AM
MagiusNecros posted...

I think Lightning and co. would have been fine with Gran Pulse's idiot human beings so there is really no excuse.

But they can't escape their FATE!!!
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"