If you don't like modern FF, why do you keep playing the games?

#41cat7222902Posted 2/9/2013 5:01:14 AM
I really don't understand the XIII and XIII-2 bashing. They were just as good and better than some of the older titles. Though XIII gameplay was lacking(mostly due to the horrible grinding system) it was still well told and epic as the other series. It also gave us the first real bad-ass female character of the series. XIII-2 lost most of it's touch with the story but the gameplay was revitalized. Which is to be expected from a direct sequel, (just like x-2)they lose the orignal MC but opt. for better gameplay. If there is anything at all to complain about, then it's the fact that they're spending too much time on this specific title and not giving us versus or the inevitable(maybe 10 years from now) XV. Also don't like it don't play it, wanna be a whiney biitch then make yourself look like a tard.
#42RanmaRanmaPosted 2/10/2013 2:19:53 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
Man, I spent time and....time on all the previous games, and I'm still as happy as a bug in a rug. Maybe it's because I don't emotionally connect myself to the games as much as Ranma 1/2 here does.

Huh? Are you implying I'm unhappy? I'm one of the happiest people you'll ever meet. And for as much time as you say you put into those games, if it didn't mean that much to you, then perhaps you should have better invested your time elsewhere. TC asked why people who dislike the FF franchise now still play it. I responded since I fit that bill. I'm not sure what the point of your post was, but it feels like nothing more than a jab at me.

Emotional attachment or not, the point I was making is that it's okay to feel let down or be disappointed in a series when it stops being what you expect or want it to be. That doesn't mean you should be open to hating all over it at every turn, but you are entitled to speak your mind. If nothing else, maybe you'll open Square's eyes a little and help them to better the franchise. You shouldn't always just take what your offered and be happy, like a little sheep.

Complaining is a valid way to keep companies from stagnating, devolving their products, and it spurs competition, which in turn leads to better products. There's a proper way to voice faults with a product, and then there's a childish way. It's also okay to be disappointed or to be emotionally attached, and it's okay to be vocal about all of it.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#43RomangeloPosted 2/10/2013 2:32:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#44j-fielding95Posted 2/10/2013 2:50:22 AM
RanmaRanma posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
<quoteComplaining is a valid way to keep companies from stagnating, devolving their products, and it spurs competition, which in turn leads to better products. There's a proper way to voice faults with a product, and then there's a childish way. It's also okay to be disappointed or to be emotionally attached, and it's okay to be vocal about all of it.

You complain with your wallet, they aren't going to care if some people are angry with the game but it still sells 6 million units, and unfortunately a significant amount of people who dislike these games buy them anyway.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#45RanmaRanmaPosted 2/10/2013 2:59:58 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
RanmaRanma posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
<quoteComplaining is a valid way to keep companies from stagnating, devolving their products, and it spurs competition, which in turn leads to better products. There's a proper way to voice faults with a product, and then there's a childish way. It's also okay to be disappointed or to be emotionally attached, and it's okay to be vocal about all of it.

You complain with your wallet, they aren't going to care if some people are angry with the game but it still sells 6 million units, and unfortunately a significant amount of people who dislike these games buy them anyway.

And yet how many units did FFXIII-2 sell? Do you think XIII-3 will sell more or less than XIII-2?

People will complain with their wallets, but all that leads to is the next game being even more off the mark. The devs need to understand why people aren't buying the games if they hope to fix it, else they might just quit making them altogether or make something even worse.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#46RomangeloPosted 2/10/2013 3:48:44 AM
I don't think the devs care about what RanmaRanma thinks.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#47Elice_CarolPosted 2/10/2013 6:37:06 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
Man, I spent time and....time on all the previous games, and I'm still as happy as a bug in a rug. Maybe it's because I don't emotionally connect myself to the games as much as Ranma 1/2 here does.

Huh? Are you implying I'm unhappy? I'm one of the happiest people you'll ever meet. And for as much time as you say you put into those games, if it didn't mean that much to you, then perhaps you should have better invested your time elsewhere. TC asked why people who dislike the FF franchise now still play it. I responded since I fit that bill. I'm not sure what the point of your post was, but it feels like nothing more than a jab at me.

Emotional attachment or not, the point I was making is that it's okay to feel let down or be disappointed in a series when it stops being what you expect or want it to be. That doesn't mean you should be open to hating all over it at every turn, but you are entitled to speak your mind. If nothing else, maybe you'll open Square's eyes a little and help them to better the franchise. You shouldn't always just take what your offered and be happy, like a little sheep.

Complaining is a valid way to keep companies from stagnating, devolving their products, and it spurs competition, which in turn leads to better products. There's a proper way to voice faults with a product, and then there's a childish way. It's also okay to be disappointed or to be emotionally attached, and it's okay to be vocal about all of it.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/3%20Times%20The%20Crap/KAWORUKUN_zps6b908bfc.png
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#48ExtremeLightPosted 2/10/2013 6:46:56 AM
Because they think the next FF will be like the classic but ever since X came out, it would never happen. Not even Versus which is using some of these elements from the classics will be the game they are looking for because it is forward, not back. These people want to take us back to ps1 era. Era of generic environment and similar villains desire. Poor graphic and simplified battle system. I want to move on to versus, lightning returns, type-0 and XV.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#49lamerhaterPosted 2/10/2013 6:50:08 AM
I don't like to formulate an opinion of a game until I've played it. Therefore I will continue to purchase the games that interest me and potentially attempt to deliver productive feedback.

Or maybe I'm just bored and don't 'ave much else to do.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#50NukapepsiPosted 2/10/2013 8:00:24 AM
I really don't understand the XIII and XIII-2 bashing. They were just as good and better than some of the older titles. Though XIII gameplay was lacking(mostly due to the horrible grinding system) it was still well told and epic as the other series.

The biggest problem for me is the gameplay.

Grinding isn't fun in the same way that it is for its predecessors. Only controlling one party member, having a paradigm shift system, etc. That is entirely boring. I didn't feel like my time and effort amounted to much.

That and the crystarium waffle. Hard to tell if you're actually doing it right. I like FFX's spheres, and even XII's license board, there is so much flexibility. That is lacking in XIII.

The environment and artistic design are the only things that really impress me with XII. And they could have made it a great game if the gameplay was merely competent. Shame they have to be meshed with a tedious battle system and extreme linearity.
---
Casual racism is not ok. Damn casuals ruin everything.