Best ending in Final Fantasy series?

#101theofficefan99Posted 2/11/2013 9:50:10 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
How does X have the best FF ending? 2 of the main characters fade from existence (FF13 much?) and basically they are just telling us the world is at peace...

Anyway I think XIII-2 have the best ending.

I'm so confused.

From your complaint towards X's ending, it seems like you don't like non-happy endings.

You then go on to state that you think XIII-2 has the best ending in the series, and it's a tragic ending.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#102YeulPosted 2/12/2013 12:12:10 AM
Final Fantasy X's ending had me in tears. When she went through him, I started balling. Nothing was much sadder than that, or beautiful :'(
---
Hello :)
#103ragnarokiusPosted 2/12/2013 12:16:03 AM
itt: firemage try hards

And X has the best ending IMO.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#104TehRYNOLPosted 2/12/2013 10:00:41 AM
FFIX is my favourite FF, but I'm really surprised it's winning here.

I loved it's ending, but I feel like there are multiple FF's with better endings.

Personally I think FFX had the best ending.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#105j-fielding95Posted 2/12/2013 10:04:06 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
How does X have the best FF ending? 2 of the main characters fade from existence (FF13 much?) and basically they are just telling us the world is at peace...

I'm so confused.

From your complaint towards X's ending, it seems like you don't like non-happy endings.

You then go on to state that you think XIII-2 has the best ending in the series, and it's a tragic ending.

That wasn't what he meant and you know it. Even then, even if you are unable to grasp the meaning behind his words, him disliking happy endings and liking sad endings is not confusing, it's pretty damn simple.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#106theofficefan99Posted 2/12/2013 10:08:30 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

I'm so confused.

That wasn't what he meant and you know it. Even then, even if you are unable to grasp the meaning behind his words, him disliking happy endings and liking sad endings is not confusing, it's pretty damn simple.

Uh... no. He complains that all X's ending is is two people fading from existence and then people saying that the world is at peace. From him complaining about people fading, it sounds like he's complaining about the characters not being alive or something, or that the ending is anti-climactic, or whatever.

FFX's ending is happy? News to me... thought it was bittersweet, since there's nothing happy about what happened to two of the main characters.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#107DragoonGriffithPosted 2/12/2013 10:10:06 AM
XIII-2 doesn't even have an ending. You can't call it one.
---
Waiting for: Tales of Xillia 2
#108yarow12Posted 2/13/2013 8:49:50 AM
DrunkenPirate posted...
The fact that X isn't winning by a landslide makes me believe that people are just voting for their favorite game.

X isn't my favorite but it was BY FAR the most emotional.

Danahell posted...
Although IX had a beautiful ending, I think X had the best, it really was powerful. Too bad that X-2 kind of ruined it.

Elice_Carol posted...
X made me sniffle like I had never sniffled before.

These.
---
Where are all the trees going? o.O
{not changing sig until humanity meets responsibility June 2008}
#109hyro56Posted 2/13/2013 8:56:18 AM
Tactics or Type-0.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.