Will Lightning Returns exceed Xenoblade Chronicles?

#1MewMewFanPosted 2/8/2013 6:20:44 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles was a smash hit on the Wii, so I was wondering if LR will be like Xenoblade, only better?
---
Waiting for Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and Neptunia App!
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/8/2013 6:21:40 AM
Probably not.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#3Shadowrider70Posted 2/8/2013 6:25:05 AM
Nope. No way will it surpass Xeno. At least to me, it won't. but It'll at least be good enough for people who buy it to suffer one playthrough of it.
---
Currently playing: DMC HD Collection; MGS Collection.
PSN: Shadowrider74
#4arvilinoPosted 2/8/2013 6:29:56 AM
I doubt it will be better than Xenoblade, but even if it's half as a good it will still be a game worth playing.
#5dils-dPosted 2/8/2013 6:33:38 AM
Never played the game, but I didn't like how a plot point seems to be how the sword with the stupid name can't cut through robots with faces.

Is that a dramatic twist to the story? Was it originally believed that it could cut faces? How will they overcome this obstacle? Will the sword also gain facial powers? Why is the sword's one weakness faces? Wouldn't it have been better to design a sword that could cut faces? Maybe all enemies in the future will have faces, how will that go?
---
http://tinyurl.com/keephating-peter
http://tinyurl.com/avengers-masquerade-HQ
#6arvilinoPosted 2/8/2013 6:40:19 AM
dils-d posted...
Never played the game, but I didn't like how a plot point seems to be how the sword with the stupid name can't cut through robots with faces.

Is that a dramatic twist to the story? Was it originally believed that it could cut faces? How will they overcome this obstacle? Will the sword also gain facial powers? Why is the sword's one weakness faces? Wouldn't it have been better to design a sword that could cut faces? Maybe all enemies in the future will have faces, how will that go?

Can't tell you because the answer itself is a spoiler which brings up another question which is also a spoiler to several other questions.
#7EnferolunosPosted 2/8/2013 6:40:20 AM
It would certainly be impressive, as Xenoblade was the most impressive and expansive jrpg I've ever played. Definitely my favorite Wii game, possibly my favorite RPG, and probably in my top 5 games.

But I doubt this game will even get close.

dils-d posted...

The story gets much deeper

Also, the sword is supposed to cut everything except people, and it's main purpose is to fight mechon (robots), so it's a bit of a shock when it's ineffective against the robot
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8badboyPosted 2/8/2013 7:04:46 AM
I didn't like Xenoblade, it had good presentation but the gameplay was boring.
#9RomangeloPosted 2/8/2013 9:10:07 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't even have HDMI support so LRXIII will be a lot better.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#10westontickleePosted 2/8/2013 9:45:03 AM
Xenoblade lis overrated
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell