So Lightning is colder and more Distant in LR. Is that a good thing, bad thing?

#1gjvaquinoPosted 2/8/2013 11:41:22 AM
“We wanted to depict her again in a slightly different light so that people can have another opportunity to get to know her better,” he explains. “You might be a little bit surprised to see her at the beginning of Lightning Returns because you’re going to find her even more distant and more closed than before, but throughout the story you’re going to find out more about her real emotions, and what goes through her mind. She will be getting more and more human and vulnerable, even as you play.”

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/17/lightning-returns-but-should-she-have-stayed-away

Thoughts? Feelings?? Personally im confused if's she more distant, more aloof and more cold. How are fans suppose to connect with her and relate to her. Thats my take on it

What do u think?
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#2kupo1705Posted 2/8/2013 11:42:08 AM
Even more?
They're not even trying to make us like her anymore.
#3gjvaquino(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:46:50 AM
it seems they are equating being closed off = cool. Thats why they are set out on miilking her "BADA**" attitude. I dont really think ull get to know her more if shes that way.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#4kupo1705Posted 2/8/2013 11:49:14 AM
They've tried everything to make her seem badass, but in the end it just makes her a douchebag.
#5SuperSocratesPosted 2/8/2013 11:53:27 AM
Did you read the quote in your post? They said that she'll be aloof at the beginning and slowly develop over the course of the game; it's a simple and easy way to garner audience connection.
---
Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
#6kratoscar2008Posted 2/8/2013 11:53:52 AM
She was supposed to be a "more refined person" but since it seems SE cant make good characters anymore they decided to stick with her Jerkass attitude, while i apreciated Squall growth from antisocial abd badass to kind and badass, i dont think Lightning will make it.

She is only good to have sex with but not being with.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#7fftspPosted 2/8/2013 11:55:49 AM
..."but throughout the story you’re going to find out more about her real emotions, and what goes through her mind. She will be getting more and more human and vulnerable, even as you play"

Did you miss that part?
#8shinigami_mattPosted 2/8/2013 12:00:11 PM
fftsp posted...
..."but throughout the story you’re going to find out more about her real emotions, and what goes through her mind. She will be getting more and more human and vulnerable, even as you play"

Did you miss that part?

All FF fans miss that. They're not good with character development. The first 5 seconds of a character is their whole personality and it never changes to them.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#9kratoscar2008Posted 2/8/2013 12:06:42 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
fftsp posted...

Did you miss that part?

All FF fans miss that. They're not good with character development. The first 5 seconds of a character is their whole personality and it never changes to them.

I apreciate when i play a game with a ggod character the first half and a better character the seond half.

But i wont be playing a game with a character with 85% of the game being tottally unlikable (TotA Luke and FFXIII Lightning) and the 15% of the rest being bearable but still being a bad character.

Aniway enjoy your pathetic excuse of a character Lightning Fanboy.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#10chocolatesodaPosted 2/8/2013 12:08:18 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
fftsp posted...

Did you miss that part?

I apreciate when i play a game with a ggod character the first half and a better character the seond half.

But i wont be playing a game with a character with 85% of the game being tottally unlikable (TotA Luke and FFXIII Lightning) and the 15% of the rest being bearable but still being a bad character.

Aniway enjoy your pathetic excuse of a character Lightning Fanboy.

Did you play FFXIII? Lightning changed less than halfway through the game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI