The Goddess Lightning vs Thunder God Cid, who wins?

#21MMX377Posted 2/9/2013 11:04:17 AM(edited)
KittenSndwchmkr posted...
Cid's swordskills are unlimited as well. Use Nightsword to replenishing his health and the other one to replenish his Magic points. I fail to see your point.

This is not a matter to discuss. Cid would devour Lightning/

Conjurer can buff her physical and magic attack and allows her using Mighty Guard and Aura as long as she keeps going. No matter what Cid keeps breaking her weapons and magic, she can use buffer it up again. Paladin, Mage, Shaman, and Knight, and Sorcerer can overcome Cid's swordskill and magic.

That's why they're nearly matched.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#22Blackmarvel79Posted 2/9/2013 11:30:57 AM
If Cid was such a badass he would have been the lead in tactics not some pawn.
---
Still playing The Mass Effect Trilogy for the forseeable future. I may be addicted.
#23zodiac_swordPosted 2/9/2013 11:33:50 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
If Cid was such a badass he would have been the lead in tactics not some pawn.

I didn't realize that being a badass meant you had to be the lead in your game.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#24lamerhaterPosted 2/9/2013 11:36:06 AM
Lightning's HP is too ridiculous and she can deal 1000s of damage in one blow. I like Cid as a character way more than Lightning, but Square has pretty much played her up to be the most powerful protagonist of all.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#25zodiac_swordPosted 2/9/2013 11:43:23 AM
lamerhater posted...
Lightning's HP is too ridiculous and she can deal 1000s of damage in one blow. I like Cid as a character way more than Lightning, but Square has pretty much played her up to be the most powerful protagonist of all.

Different game mechanics.
---
#26lamerhaterPosted 2/9/2013 11:46:33 AM
zodiac_sword posted...
lamerhater posted...

The game mechanics had story relevance. The characters parameters drastically improved once they became L'cie, and Lightning's parameters increased even further after she became Etro's ward. Point being, as far as all things go Cid was not much more than a highly skilled, highly badass human; which Lightning proved to be five seconds into the first game without any augments whatsoever.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#27RomangeloPosted 2/9/2013 11:52:02 AM
Orlandeau is powerful... as much as human can.

Lightning is beyond human, even in the first XIII.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#28Blackmarvel79Posted 2/9/2013 11:53:07 AM
Romangelo posted...

Your up against an ocean of bias.
---
Still playing The Mass Effect Trilogy for the forseeable future. I may be addicted.
#29zodiac_swordPosted 2/9/2013 12:01:05 PM
lamerhater posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
lamerhater posted...

The game mechanics had story relevance. The characters parameters drastically improved once they became L'cie, and Lightning's parameters increased even further after she became Etro's ward. Point being, as far as all things go Cid was not much more than a highly skilled, highly badass human; which Lightning proved to be five seconds into the first game without any augments whatsoever.

Game mechanics have no relevance across "dimension". Meaning you can say x is stronger than y because the game x is in has 9999 as maximum hp while the game y is in has 999 as the maximum hp. And the only difference between l'cie and characters for older games is that the people around them can't use magic.
---
#30zodiac_swordPosted 2/9/2013 12:02:41 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Romangelo posted...

Your up against an ocean of bias.

He says Lightning is beyond human and others are the ones with the bias?
---