XIII has the biggest stereotype in the series.

#1EscaSyraPosted 2/8/2013 10:26:57 PM
Seriously, Snow is the worst stereotype of a dumb stoner/surfer white guy there is. It's appalling. How can SE depict us American hippies in such a negative light?
#2RomangeloPosted 2/8/2013 11:06:00 PM
I think everyone can tell that Snow must be American college jock.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#3faruwayPosted 2/8/2013 11:06:21 PM
inb4Sazh Katzroy
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#4Jecths_FaythPosted 2/9/2013 5:29:03 AM
I never felt Snow was depicted that way. Never once did the phrase "Dude must smoke alotta weed" pop into my head in the entire time I played XIII. He seems too focused and in shape.
---
Stick that on your barby, shrimp! - Johnny Cage
#5ExtremeLightPosted 2/9/2013 5:35:36 AM
EscaSyra posted...
Seriously, Snow is the worst stereotype of a dumb stoner/surfer white guy there is. It's appalling. How can SE depict us American hippies in such a negative light?

He's far from stoner lmao. He only seem way too focused in both games. And I believe he was meant to be dumb blonde. But I doubt they were thinking of something like a surfer because Noel and older Hope look more like surfers.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#6Emerald_WyvernPosted 2/9/2013 10:39:33 AM
Romangelo posted...
I think everyone can tell that Snow must be American college jock.

---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#7Blackmarvel79Posted 2/9/2013 10:40:57 AM
Yes 13 as a series has stereotypical haters we know this.
---
Still playing The Mass Effect Trilogy for the forseeable future. I may be addicted.
#8lamerhaterPosted 2/9/2013 10:51:08 AM
XIII had lots of rather overused archetypes as far as character presentation for the protagonists went, but the characters were explored enough to prevent them from being solid stereotypes. What was more stereotypical was probably the villains such as barthandelus or however that name is spelled.

At this point though, it almost seems like Square is attempting to create a conspiracy around the number 13, given how they keep trying to enforce pointless symbolism regarding it.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#9westontickleePosted 2/9/2013 11:18:06 AM
faruway posted...
inb4Sazh Katzroy

inb4Yuji Kaido
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell