Why do you guys hate Hironobu Sakaguchi so much?

#1DoctorRPGPosted 2/9/2013 7:17:53 PM
I see tons of posts about how "bad" he is. Why..?

Of course this is my opinion, but Sakaguchi-san is the greatest game developer ever. He has created the greatest Final Fantasy games (and best games of all time) VI and IX.

(Sakaguchi-san directed most of VI before stepping down for other projects and gave the original concepts and stories for both VI and IX)
---
i5-3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB DDR3 / Samsung 840 120GB 2.5" SSD / Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 / Corsair 300R / Rosewill 630W 80 PLUS / Windows 8 64-bit
#2kupo1705Posted 2/9/2013 7:20:55 PM
That's just a few people.
Probably no more than 3.
#3shinigami_mattPosted 2/9/2013 7:21:17 PM
You see tons? Tons, really? Hyperbole much? People worship him as the FF God.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#4ExtremeLightPosted 2/9/2013 7:25:24 PM
Who?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#5DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/9/2013 7:28:15 PM
Toriyama is the one I've seen getting a lot of hate. As for me, I don't hate Sakaguchi. Not one bit.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#6Emerald_WyvernPosted 2/9/2013 7:29:12 PM(edited)
Because he created TSW causing the Squaresoft and Enix merger and the eventual chain-reaction that is what FF is right now.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#7capnchuckPosted 2/9/2013 7:53:14 PM
It's really a shame that TSW wasn't more like a FF game. It was just standard scifi crap, but I still like the movie and I am a huge fan of Sakaguchi.
#8theofficefan99Posted 2/9/2013 8:01:54 PM
Emerald_Wyvern posted...
Because he created TSW causing the Squaresoft and Enix merger and the eventual chain-reaction that is what FF is right now.

Squaresoft and Enix were going to merge anyways,
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#9Emerald_WyvernPosted 2/9/2013 8:15:13 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Emerald_Wyvern posted...

Squaresoft and Enix were going to merge anyways,

True, but TSW definitely sped up the process.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#10FearPotionPosted 2/9/2013 8:35:37 PM
I hate him because he hates Sony for some stupidly unknown reason. Did he forget that it was Sony's that made him? FF would never reach mainstream if it weren't for the CD technology used by the PS1. FFVII was the beginning point towards mainstream audience and sales. Sony also funded and back his FF:TSW movie. And then he sh*t talks Sony and went MS exclusive. Luckily all his 360 games bomb hard. And he hasn't make a game since.