Why do you guys hate Hironobu Sakaguchi so much?

#61Q SlickPosted 2/10/2013 3:14:47 AM
Emerald_Wyvern posted...
Because he created TSW causing the Squaresoft and Enix merger and the eventual chain-reaction that is what FF is right now.

Actually, according to something I read (which I wouldn't consider an official source, but I digress) TSW actually prevented the merger from happening about two or three years earlier than it did. Enix's finances pretty much hinged on whether or not they had a new DQ game out, and the merger would've actually happened back in 2000 or 2001 before they saw that Square was hemorrhaging money on TSW.
---
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
#62Lelouch71Posted 2/10/2013 12:44:52 PM(edited)
FearPotion posted...
I hate him because he hates Sony for some stupidly unknown reason. Did he forget that it was Sony's that made him? FF would never reach mainstream if it weren't for the CD technology used by the PS1. FFVII was the beginning point towards mainstream audience and sales. Sony also funded and back his FF:TSW movie. And then he sh*t talks Sony and went MS exclusive. Luckily all his 360 games bomb hard. And he hasn't make a game since.

Fanboy much? Sakaguchi hated the previous CEO. He probably had legit reasons to do so. Both BD and LO did pretty good for non FF games. They did a lot better than most other jrpgs released on both the 360 and PS3. They also did TLS which also did decent as well. Sony doesn't need you defending their honor. They aren't worth it nor do they care.

But back on topic, I have respect for what he did for the series. I seen more hate for Toriyama and Nomura than I do Sakaguchi. He's not the best but I do feel he put some heart into his games. Some of his fans do overrate him though. I'm more of a Takahashi and Matsuno guy personally.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#63FearPotionPosted 2/10/2013 1:15:16 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
FearPotion posted...
I hate him because he hates Sony for some stupidly unknown reason. Did he forget that it was Sony's that made him? FF would never reach mainstream if it weren't for the CD technology used by the PS1. FFVII was the beginning point towards mainstream audience and sales. Sony also funded and back his FF:TSW movie. And then he sh*t talks Sony and went MS exclusive. Luckily all his 360 games bomb hard. And he hasn't make a game since.

Fanboy much? Sakaguchi hated the previous CEO. He probably had legit reasons to do so. Both BD and LO did pretty good for non FF games. They did a lot better than most other jrpgs released on both the 360 and PS3. They also did TLS which also did decent as well. Sony doesn't need you defending their honor. They aren't worth it nor do they care.

But back on topic, I have respect for what he did for the series. I seen more hate for Toriyama and Nomura than I do Sakaguchi. He's not the best but I do feel he put some heart into his games. Some of his fans do overrate him though. I'm more of a Takahashi and Matsuno guy personally.

Blue Dragon 2 is on the DS. Mistwalker was under contract to do 3 exclusive titles for the 360. Only 2 materialize. What does that tell you?

I'm sorry but MS bundling the Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey with the 360 is a cheap cop out in promoting and inflating the poor sales. Had they've been happy more Mistwalker titles would of come on that system.
#64Lindaru111Posted 2/12/2013 2:39:02 AM
I liked The Spirits Within... :<
please don't send me to the void :<
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
#65TehRYNOLPosted 2/12/2013 10:21:29 AM
I definitely have respect for Sakaguchi.

But I think it's untrue to say that he is still amazing.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#66holyknight14Posted 2/12/2013 10:59:50 AM
Lindaru111 posted...
I liked The Spirits Within... :<
please don't send me to the void :<

You have bad taste, but at least you're honest. That in itself qualifies you for life.
#67King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/12/2013 11:06:23 AM
I don't hate him.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#68chaosflame108Posted 2/12/2013 1:40:38 PM
SPIRITS WITHIN!!!!!!!!!!!
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!