Worst villain in the series?

#61ReposessionManPosted 2/10/2013 11:54:54 PM
Neutron15 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
lamerhater posted...
The true worst villain in the series is the fanbase.

This.

The XIII loving sheep is really hard to tolerate.

no, The hater sheep is the true worst villain of any franchise

But they only remind people how bad XIII was :(
---
"I REMEMBER MARKING EVERY VICTIM WITH ACUTE PRECISION, I REMEMBER EVERY TIME I HOLD YOU, MY BLUNT COMPANION. WHEN I REMEMBER, I DISMEMBER!"
#62masked_yazooPosted 2/11/2013 3:21:26 AM
Necron is the worst ass-pull villain in FF history.
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#63ManaYukaPosted 2/11/2013 9:11:10 AM

The villain and antagonist was Kuja. Necron represented something deeper than humanities personal struggles, rather it dealt with humanity itself. It was a very fitting boss in that context. As a badass villain typical in Japanese games like this, sure he's not "good", but from a literary standpoint he was phenomenal and something video games should do more. Necron(or eternal darkness his original name) wasn't a typical villain in any sense of the word so I can see why he doesn't appeal to certain people.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#64kupo1705Posted 2/11/2013 9:20:22 AM
Zeromus is far worse than Necron.
#65RomangeloPosted 2/11/2013 10:04:29 AM
DemonPathRevya posted...
Necronmon posted...
Yu Yevion for not only being bland but being a chore to fight, then Dysly for being a lame, frustrating in all the wrong ways kind of bad guy.

Seriously, every-time I see him talking I am just like," Seriously, the same guys that gave us Kefka, Sephiroth and Kuja thought THIS was a good bad guy? "

I agree Yu Yevon was a stupid twist and Dysly was pretty faceless as well.

Yu Yevon has an ability to summon millions of fayths, he can create a powerful armor "Sin" and no one can defeat him for 1000 years.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#66DemonPathRevyaPosted 2/11/2013 10:15:15 AM
Romangelo posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...
Necronmon posted...
Yu Yevion for not only being bland but being a chore to fight, then Dysly for being a lame, frustrating in all the wrong ways kind of bad guy.

Seriously, every-time I see him talking I am just like," Seriously, the same guys that gave us Kefka, Sephiroth and Kuja thought THIS was a good bad guy? "

I agree Yu Yevon was a stupid twist and Dysly was pretty faceless as well.

Yu Yevon has an ability to summon millions of fayths, he can create a powerful armor "Sin" and no one can defeat him for 1000 years.

That doesn't change the fact that he's a faceless villain that has no real embodiment of threat besides shamu. Also the Fayth are humans who willing sealed themselves and their souls become vessel of power to offer a helping hand to a summoner. His abilities lie in corrupting them.
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#67MrfippPosted 2/11/2013 11:18:01 AM
When it comes to Final Fantasy character, I'm happy to say that even at worst, I'm content with them.

Genesis Rhapsody however is the only exception to this, as I really don't like him.

I mean, I get what he wanted, to be cured of the Deterioration, but the way he went about it was just ridicules! He thought he could cure it by using an ambiguous metaphor from a book that didn't even have an ending! Everything he did with Zack was just so he could reenact his own interpretation of its ending. I can see liking a book, but he just seemed entirely consumed by it. He found it necessary to work it into every little thing he did!

I always felt Angeal was the much better antagonist (not a villain, but an antagonist) for Zack. I understood what it is he wanted; he believed that he was turning into a monster, and became afraid on what would become of him. This lead him to question the things he had based his life on.
---
Please be well
Mrfipp
#68DullahanEXPosted 2/11/2013 12:26:03 PM
ReposessionMan posted...
Neutron15 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
lamerhater posted...
The true worst villain in the series is the fanbase.

This.

The XIII loving sheep is really hard to tolerate.

no, The hater sheep is the true worst villain of any franchise

But they only remind people how bad XIII was :(

You can say this for any FF.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#69chaosflame108Posted 2/11/2013 12:38:55 PM
Yukanna posted...

The villain and antagonist was Kuja. Necron represented something deeper than humanities personal struggles, rather it dealt with humanity itself. It was a very fitting boss in that context. As a badass villain typical in Japanese games like this, sure he's not "good", but from a literary standpoint he was phenomenal and something video games should do more. Necron(or eternal darkness his original name) wasn't a typical villain in any sense of the word so I can see why he doesn't appeal to certain people.

lol no, you pulled that out of your ass. It's a nice theory though. Necron has no canon explanation.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#70thedarklordx3Posted 2/11/2013 2:50:06 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Vekkerer posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
MoonlightJust posted...
Caius, for his sheer amount of villain-stu-ness. I'll take bland or virtually non-existant over 'LETS SEE HOW MANY COOL THINGS WE CAN PILE INTO ONE CHARACTER!' with a sad, then veneer of potential anti-hero for his actions.

At least make sense, please.

The fact that you don't understand him isn't exactly, you know, shocking.

1.) "existant "- not a word.
2.) "villain-stu-ness"- wtf does that even mean??
3.) "'Lets see how mant cool things we can pile into one character" Uh aren't they doing that with Noctis, did that with Gilgamesh, and pretty much doing it to Lightning.
4.) "veneer" Noun
A thin decorative covering of fine wood applied to a coarser wood or other material.
Verb
Cover (something) with a decorative layer of fine wood.
So he called Caius sad and a veneer? Make no sense. Because like he's saying that Caius is actually a bad wood inside.

you are the worst grammar nazi, intentionally nitpicking things that I KNOW you understand but I'll take the bait

1) yes it is and you know what it means

2) villain stu is the villain version of mary sue(unbelievably BS OP protagonist, like alice from the RE movies or bella from twilight)

3) does that make it good?

4) granted I don't actually know what that one means, but from context you can easily tell that he doesn't mean the noun version of the word
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add