Worst villain in the series?

#81ManaYukaPosted 2/11/2013 9:38:06 PM(edited)
Kuja's awesome, but he's technically less "dimensional" than Sephiroth because he didn't change into crazy.

That doesnt make him less dimensional for one, but regardless Kuja did change into "crazy" on Terra when he learned he was going to expire.

He then realized something and changed but it was too late for him but he doesnt care, he found what he was looking for, a meaning in life.

Hes the only 3 dimensional villain in the series. We know his backstory, his motives, and he changes over time (twice before our eyes, in real time no less). We got to know his likes and dislikes(opera or plays, or eloquence, hates children/childish things) and his personality, where he acts like a mature individual and wants to be taken serious, but we see over the course of the game hes very much a child throwing a tantrum, opposite of Zidane who acts childish but deep down is very mature.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#82Pirate_DuckPosted 2/11/2013 9:44:37 PM
Notice the " " that I used on dimensional.

And thats true, he does go crazy, but I was refering to the huge character shift that Sephy goes through when he gets his particular bout of madness.

Again, I don't think Kuja is under-developed or anything, but I don't really understand how Sephiroth is somehow less of villian in comparison. They're both pretty high-tier.

Like, what do we know about the Joker in the TDK? He's a lying psycopath...and that's it. Was he a bad villian because he's one-dimensional?
---
Dayman! aaaAAAaaa Fighter of the Nightman! aaaAAAaaa Champion of the Sun! aaaAAAaaa His a master of karate and friendship for everyone!
#83mistermikeymikePosted 2/11/2013 10:47:54 PM
DemonPathRevya posted...
mistermikeymike posted...
roxas9001 posted...
mistermikeymike posted...
JudgeNoah posted...
Sephiroth takes the cake for being two dimensional villain with a bland personality

two dimensional? he's shown as a real person before descending into madness. bland personality? maybe. but two-dimensional? no.

and for that he gets the leg up over half the final fantasy cast. oh and hey, sephy also had the build up. he kills people. and i think that puts him as one of the better villains in ff. not that it's saying much with the likes of kuja, ultimecia, and hell even the final aeon in ffx.

He's generic when compared to Kuja.

kuja has no buildup. he literally goes back to the days where they take a random monster and name him the final boss

Not true. Kuja has tons of development and schemes that rise him to power. Not only is he better than most, but he also has a recollection in the end.

what i mean is kuja doesn't feel "epic" to fight.
---
So Damn Foxy.
#84ManaYukaPosted 2/12/2013 7:40:01 AM
Notice the " " that I used on dimensional.

And thats true, he does go crazy, but I was refering to the huge character shift that Sephy goes through when he gets his particular bout of madness.

Again, I don't think Kuja is under-developed or anything, but I don't really understand how Sephiroth is somehow less of villian in comparison. They're both pretty high-tier.

Like, what do we know about the Joker in the TDK? He's a lying psycopath...and that's it. Was he a bad villian because he's one-dimensional?

Absolutely not. I dont think Sephiroth is bad or worse or whatever based on this, I'm just saying Kuja is one of the few villains I can remember in FF history that acts like a human being with faults, a personality, aspirations, changes over time etc.

Kuja is from a literary standpoint superior but that doesnt mean hes better than Sephy, just better written.

As for Joker hes my favorite movie villain created in the last 10 years; hes not a psychopath(Kuja and Sephy are), hes a sociopath, very different. Joker doesn't care, hes not crazy or full of fear or overwhelmed by emotions that causes him to go crazy ala many FF villains, hes a straight sociopath, who seems to care only about his mantra which is create chaos and destory the established order who in turn try to control people, he wants to get rid of that.

It brings up a good question about how our society isnt trying to evolve rather its sticking to the status quo and trying to create laws and imprison people based on nothing other than the established order trying to stay in power.
---
#85maxxxximumPosted 2/12/2013 10:39:49 AM
Zeromus. Zemus's whole point was to eradicate humanity so that he and his fellow Lunarians could live on the blue planet instead. That was his motive. I understand that he grew to hate humanity just for existing after a while but it was still kind of out of nowhere that he would turn into an embodiment of hate deity upon death.

Galenth Dysley Was lame. He was just lame. Everything about him was boring.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#86lamerhaterPosted 2/12/2013 10:43:54 AM
Yukanna posted...
As for Joker hes my favorite movie villain created in the last 10 years; hes not a psychopath(Kuja and Sephy are), hes a sociopath, very different. Joker doesn't care, hes not crazy or full of fear or overwhelmed by emotions that causes him to go crazy ala many FF villains, hes a straight sociopath, who seems to care only about his mantra which is create chaos and destory the established order who in turn try to control people, he wants to get rid of that.

It brings up a good question about how our society isnt trying to evolve rather its sticking to the status quo and trying to create laws and imprison people based on nothing other than the established order trying to stay in power.

Being a lass who reads the comic books for the most part, I can with full confidence tell you that Joker is both a psychopath and sociopath.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#87ManaYukaPosted 2/12/2013 11:04:37 AM
Being a lass who reads the comic books for the most part, I can with full confidence tell you that Joker is both a psychopath and sociopath.

Im talking about the Joker in the Dark Knight. I hate comic book Joker who is crazy and they gave him a melodramatic backstory. Dark Knight Joker outright makes fun of that joker with his multiple backstories.
---
#88oerbayunfang22Posted 2/12/2013 11:13:54 AM
The Creator:

He only existed as a lousy excuse to recycle all but one boss fight in the final dungeon from I-VI.
#89TorgoForeverPosted 2/12/2013 12:42:12 PM
oerbayunfang22 posted...
The Creator:

He only existed as a lousy excuse to recycle all but one boss fight in the final dungeon from I-VI.

Ugh.... I just remembered that one thanks to you.
---
http://tinyurl.com/FabulousQuiz
"Oh shut up. I played HDN and other RPGs and I don't care if they either good or bad, they're still good." -MewMewFan
#90ragnarokiusPosted 2/12/2013 12:45:04 PM
Without readint the topic I'm gonna guess most people just pick villians from popular games they dislike without actually taking anything into consideration.

Ultimecia.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m