Worst villain in the series?

#91UnderratedGamerPosted 2/13/2013 1:44:10 AM
mistermikeymike posted...
roxas9001 posted...
mistermikeymike posted...
JudgeNoah posted...
Sephiroth takes the cake for being two dimensional villain with a bland personality

two dimensional? he's shown as a real person before descending into madness. bland personality? maybe. but two-dimensional? no.

and for that he gets the leg up over half the final fantasy cast. oh and hey, sephy also had the build up. he kills people. and i think that puts him as one of the better villains in ff. not that it's saying much with the likes of kuja, ultimecia, and hell even the final aeon in ffx.

He's generic when compared to Kuja.

kuja has no buildup. he literally goes back to the days where they take a random monster and name him the final boss

I think the whole Necron thing was actually supposed to be a "throw-back" to the old ones. But yeah...it wasn't necessarily GOOD. Way too random.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#92UnderratedGamerPosted 2/13/2013 1:52:41 AM
Yukanna posted...
Being a lass who reads the comic books for the most part, I can with full confidence tell you that Joker is both a psychopath and sociopath.

Im talking about the Joker in the Dark Knight. I hate comic book Joker who is crazy and they gave him a melodramatic backstory. Dark Knight Joker outright makes fun of that joker with his multiple backstories.

Actually, the Dark Knight joker didn't have that much back-story either. In fact, the only thing you really recall from him are the 2 stories.

Even Jim Gordon says in the movie (when he locks the Joker up in the MCU) that he had nothing on him. No name, alias or any existing records. His whole life is mysterious which DOES make an awesome villain.

I think that if you want to have a villain built on back-story, it needs to be done right. But villains like the Joker and Kefka are marvelous for their mysterious lives. As far as you know, they've been evil their whole life. If Kefka and the Joker given back-story like some complain, that would ruin their persona almost completely. I don't care what Kefka does morally in his spare time, as long as he's there with his nihilism and 1-liners, I'm a happy camper.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov