Hardest boss in the series?

#1dils-dPosted 2/11/2013 1:56:03 AM
For me, it would have to be Wiegraf. I had to be very cheap whilst fighting him.

Oh, and Omega Weapon (VIII). Still haven't beaten the bastard.
---
Roses are red, rings are of gold
Get on your knees and do as you're told
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/11/2013 3:11:07 AM
Guard Scorpion.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#3lamerhaterPosted 2/11/2013 3:12:19 AM
Garland I
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#4Elice_CarolPosted 2/11/2013 3:24:04 AM
A lot of XII's Marks are very icky, I dunno how I survived Behemoth King.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#5westontickleePosted 2/11/2013 3:52:23 AM
Lumina was so hard. I've never died during a boss in FF(ok...I admit Barthandelus 2 I did) But Lumina was just overwhelmingly hard. Took me 10 tries
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#6UnderratedGamerPosted 2/11/2013 5:15:03 AM
Scarmiglione from FFIV DS version.

You can't level grind 20 levels to save your life.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#7westontickleePosted 2/11/2013 5:29:30 AM
UnderratedGamer posted...

The battle at the mountain? That boss is easy. You have two fire casters and I believe he was weak to darkness too but It's been a while. And also the surrounding area has those giant birds for leveling I think
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#8UnderratedGamerPosted 2/11/2013 5:39:29 AM(edited)
westonticklee posted...

The battle at the mountain? That boss is easy. You have two fire casters and I believe he was weak to darkness too but It's been a while. And also the surrounding area has those giant birds for leveling I think

He's RESISTANT to darkness. And he automatically casts an AOE gas spell that hits everyone with darkness and silence. He COUNTERS with this attack. There also isn't a way to heal them all at once, so you have to withstand his attacks whilst spending all your time getting rid of status effects. If you run out of items (because you don't get that much gold in the DS version) you have to result to killing off your characters just to rid of the statuses. This wasn't anywhere easy and you must have been playing a different version, most likely the SNES one. I also forgot to mention that this game's MP pool is lower than snake s***.

You're automatically lying to yourself if you say otherwise.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#9westontickleePosted 2/11/2013 6:52:25 AM
westonticklee posted...

He's RESISTANT to darkness. And he automatically casts an AOE gas spell that hits everyone with darkness and silence. He COUNTERS with this attack. There also isn't a way to heal them all at once, so you have to withstand his attacks whilst spending all your time getting rid of status effects. If you run out of items (because you don't get that much gold in the DS version) you have to result to killing off your characters just to rid of the statuses. This wasn't anywhere easy and you must have been playing a different version, most likely the SNES one. I also forgot to mention that this game's MP pool is lower than snake s***.

I've only ever played the DS ersion and I never had trouble with that boss.
---
I come from the future
#10KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/11/2013 6:53:27 AM
westonticklee posted...

Never knew FFIV fanboys are that agressive. Shouldn't they be boring and bland like the game they are defending?
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.