Hardest boss in the series?

#31theofficefan99Posted 2/11/2013 2:23:53 PM
I don't like the way Final Fantasy games do optional bosses. Aside from a few instances, everything in the main story is relatively easy, and then you get to things like the optional content and everything is insanely difficult and requires dozens of hours of grinding. Final Fantasy X comes to mind.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#32mistermikeymikePosted 2/11/2013 2:40:27 PM
brachiorades or something from ff4 gba. once you get him to like 40% hp he's like lolf***this. starts triplecasting 1hko spells. Kills like 3 party members. He's got 200k hp and the most you can hit is 9,999. And that's if you use bahamut (on rydia) or lunar grimoires.
---
So Damn Foxy.
#33deathguise950Posted 2/11/2013 3:16:39 PM
Probably Zodiark. I could get him down to a sliver of health and then he'd put up that paling crap and I'd eventually die waiting. I did eventually beat him however.

Or maybe Yunalesca. Not a fan of multiple part boss fights.
#34arvilinoPosted 2/11/2013 4:12:50 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I don't like the way Final Fantasy games do optional bosses. Aside from a few instances, everything in the main story is relatively easy, and then you get to things like the optional content and everything is insanely difficult and requires dozens of hours of grinding. Final Fantasy X comes to mind.

Yeah it's even worse in the International/PAL version. I've owned the game for more than a decade but I've never fought the Dark Aeons because I can't stand the idea of having to defeat those Arena enemies hundreds of times each for the stat-spheres and Sphere Levels and then tediously bringing party members round the sphere grid, just so that the Dark Aeons don't smush the party instantly.

Would be way more enjoyable if the stats plateaued earlier and they made the bosses more difficult relative to the lower maximum I'm suggesting
#35UnderratedGamerPosted 2/11/2013 4:31:43 PM
KittenSndwchmkr posted...
UnderratedGamer posted...
westonticklee posted...
Scarmiglione from FFIV DS version.

You can't level grind 20 levels to save your life.

The battle at the mountain? That boss is easy. You have two fire casters and I believe he was weak to darkness too but It's been a while. And also the surrounding area has those giant birds for leveling I think

He's RESISTANT to darkness. And he automatically casts an AOE gas spell that hits everyone with darkness and silence. He COUNTERS with this attack. There also isn't a way to heal them all at once, so you have to withstand his attacks whilst spending all your time getting rid of status effects. If you run out of items (because you don't get that much gold in the DS version) you have to result to killing off your characters just to rid of the statuses. This wasn't anywhere easy and you must have been playing a different version, most likely the SNES one. I also forgot to mention that this game's MP pool is lower than snake s***.

You're automatically lying to yourself if you say otherwise.

Never knew FFIV fanboys are that agressive. Shouldn't they be boring and bland like the game they are defending?

Put a sock in it Val, no one likes you.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#36UnderratedGamerPosted 2/11/2013 4:35:53 PM
Ultimate_Finale posted...
westonticklee posted...
Scarmiglione from FFIV DS version.

You can't level grind 20 levels to save your life.

The battle at the mountain? That boss is easy. You have two fire casters and I believe he was weak to darkness too but It's been a while. And also the surrounding area has those giant birds for leveling I think

He's RESISTANT to darkness. And he automatically casts an AOE gas spell that hits everyone with darkness and silence. He COUNTERS with this attack. There also isn't a way to heal them all at once, so you have to withstand his attacks whilst spending all your time getting rid of status effects. If you run out of items (because you don't get that much gold in the DS version) you have to result to killing off your characters just to rid of the statuses. This wasn't anywhere easy and you must have been playing a different version, most likely the SNES one. I also forgot to mention that this game's MP pool is lower than snake s***.

You're automatically lying to yourself if you say otherwise.

No, that fight was easy.

No good arguments. Just "nope that was easy".

I've received comments that attack credibility, the game itself saying it sucks and is bland, but no true argument.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#37kupo1705Posted 2/11/2013 4:37:26 PM
Most bossfights in FFIV can easily be won by casting slow twice.
#38UnderratedGamerPosted 2/11/2013 4:37:52 PM
Zantetsuken_G posted...
As for Scarmiglione, If I remember right, he only counters physical attacks... so can just use fire attacks and have the other heal up and cure silence when needed. With Final Fantasy 4 DS, I had more trouble with the Tiny Mages in the beginning, seemed like I always encountered more than I should, would paralyze my characters then nuke me dead with magic.

He uses the move consistently outside of counterattacks too.
---
#39ArcaneSpiezerPosted 2/11/2013 4:39:01 PM
trema, not counting FF11 bosses which don't count because theyre on a whole different level.
#40TaticalWarriorPosted 2/11/2013 4:49:04 PM
I don't grind, so lets se...

I only remember Seymour at the peaks in FFX...
Shinryu in V was hard, I never beat him, but I was a kid as well. Maybe now, but I don't think I will play it anytime soon.
XII had quite a lot of challenging bosses. Some were awfuly difficult, but never hair pulling. A very good difficult balance.
Well... Never bothered to really beat the Dark Aeons, and I still have to defeat Yazmat, but I rather explore and see every little details and sidequests that I may be missing, and I am over 180 hours... Maybe one day I will grind to fight it for real.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u