Hardest boss in the series?

#41DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/11/2013 5:55:53 PM
UnderratedGamer posted...
Ultimate_Finale posted...
westonticklee posted...
Scarmiglione from FFIV DS version.

You can't level grind 20 levels to save your life.

The battle at the mountain? That boss is easy. You have two fire casters and I believe he was weak to darkness too but It's been a while. And also the surrounding area has those giant birds for leveling I think

He's RESISTANT to darkness. And he automatically casts an AOE gas spell that hits everyone with darkness and silence. He COUNTERS with this attack. There also isn't a way to heal them all at once, so you have to withstand his attacks whilst spending all your time getting rid of status effects. If you run out of items (because you don't get that much gold in the DS version) you have to result to killing off your characters just to rid of the statuses. This wasn't anywhere easy and you must have been playing a different version, most likely the SNES one. I also forgot to mention that this game's MP pool is lower than snake s***.

You're automatically lying to yourself if you say otherwise.

No, that fight was easy.

No good arguments. Just "nope that was easy".

I've received comments that attack credibility, the game itself saying it sucks and is bland, but no true argument.

He was hard for me too. If I'm remembering right, you're not given a chance to grind. He attacks you right after you become paladin. But the second time I played through IV I was ready for him. Since he's undead, you can use Cecil and Porom to cast healing magic on him and Tellah and Palom to cast fire.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#42_GREAT_SATAN_Posted 2/11/2013 5:58:52 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
FF10-2 Via Infinito any floors from 80-100.

>__<

Hell, random encounters become ridiculous in that place, lol at MegaTonberries.

For those that think combat is but numbers...
That place was just a rage land.
Plat trophy on star ocean was easier
---
I am GREAT SATAN! I eat kittins, puppies, and the neighbors annoying kids.
#43Dinah7Posted 2/11/2013 6:19:21 PM
FFVIII: Ultima Weapon he is way too fast and omega cant qualify as difficult just cheap
#44Blackmarvel79Posted 2/11/2013 6:47:34 PM
Omega in FF5 was the hardest. He was a beast.
---
Still playing The Mass Effect Trilogy for the forseeable future. I may be addicted.
#45mistermikeymikePosted 2/11/2013 6:53:13 PM(edited)
DarkKnightCessi posted...
Ultimate_Finale posted...
westonticklee posted...

The battle at the mountain? That boss is easy. You have two fire casters and I believe he was weak to darkness too but It's been a while. And also the surrounding area has those giant birds for leveling I think

He's RESISTANT to darkness. And he automatically casts an AOE gas spell that hits everyone with darkness and silence. He COUNTERS with this attack. There also isn't a way to heal them all at once, so you have to withstand his attacks whilst spending all your time getting rid of status effects. If you run out of items (because you don't get that much gold in the DS version) you have to result to killing off your characters just to rid of the statuses. This wasn't anywhere easy and you must have been playing a different version, most likely the SNES one. I also forgot to mention that this game's MP pool is lower than snake s***.

You're automatically lying to yourself if you say otherwise.

No, that fight was easy.

No good arguments. Just "nope that was easy".

I've received comments that attack credibility, the game itself saying it sucks and is bland, but no true argument.

He was hard for me too. If I'm remembering right, you're not given a chance to grind. He attacks you right after you become paladin. But the second time I played through IV I was ready for him. Since he's undead, you can use Cecil and Porom to cast healing magic on him and Tellah and Palom to cast fire.

iirc he appears before you become a paladin.

on the bridge as soon as you reach the start you fight a weak version of him. then when you cross the bridge he uses a back attack and thats the true boss battle.

i will admit i had a bit of trouble with him my first time. but since 4 was my first final fantasy ever....
---
So Damn Foxy.
#46deathguise950Posted 2/11/2013 7:14:43 PM
Last time I played I had more trouble with Dark Elf than Scarmiglione. I forgot that the elf transforms into a dragon and it completely took me by surprise. He wiped me out pretty quick.
#47kratoscar2008Posted 2/11/2013 7:16:48 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Omega in FF5 was the hardest. He was a beast.

I found Shinryu harder but Omega isnt easy cake tough.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#48DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/11/2013 7:20:41 PM
mistermikeymike posted...

iirc he appears before you become a paladin.

on the bridge as soon as you reach the start you fight a weak version of him. then when you cross the bridge he uses a back attack and thats the true boss battle.

i will admit i had a bit of trouble with him my first time. but since 4 was my first final fantasy ever....

Oops. It's been a few years since I played IV. I couldn't remember for sure; I should've checked. I knew that I used healing magic against him. And potiions/hi-potions work well too.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#49shippuden21Posted 2/11/2013 8:05:40 PM
for me would be ff7 ruby weapon never kill him
#50chaosflame108Posted 2/11/2013 8:16:03 PM
_GREAT_SATAN_ posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
FF10-2 Via Infinito any floors from 80-100.

>__<

Hell, random encounters become ridiculous in that place, lol at MegaTonberries.

For those that think combat is but numbers...
That place was just a rage land.
Plat trophy on star ocean was easier

lol I hear you man. :p
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!