Hardest boss in the series?

#61ArcaneSpiezerPosted 2/12/2013 11:54:36 AM
chaosflame108 posted...
_GREAT_SATAN_ posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
FF10-2 Via Infinito any floors from 80-100.

>__<

Hell, random encounters become ridiculous in that place, lol at MegaTonberries.

For those that think combat is but numbers...
That place was just a rage land.
Plat trophy on star ocean was easier

lol I hear you man. :p

via infinito is probably one of my favourite dungeons from the series. its insanely hard the first playthrough but once you get a couple iron dukes those tonberries and king behemoths become mince-meat.
#62MesmerilPosted 2/12/2013 11:55:58 AM
Palmer. Don't even ask. Mako Gun.
#63_GREAT_SATAN_Posted 2/12/2013 11:59:06 AM
ArcaneSpiezer posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
_GREAT_SATAN_ posted...
chaosflame108 posted...

>__<

via infinito is probably one of my favourite dungeons from the series. its insanely hard the first playthrough but once you get a couple iron dukes those tonberries and king behemoths become mince-meat.

out of every ff game(and I've smashed all of them) that dungeon was the worst, especially on the first play through. the first time you fight(don't remember the floor number) the snail boss on your first play through you prettty much arnt going to win
---
I am GREAT SATAN! I eat kittins, puppies, and the neighbors annoying kids.
#64ArcaneSpiezerPosted 2/12/2013 12:00:48 PM
Chaotic Warrior posted...
and the trick to beating omega weapon ff8 is just don't be max lvl. I beat him at lvl 61 because the lower level you are, the easier boss's are in that game since they keep level with you. at lvl 99 he becomes near impossible to kill unless you waste as many hero drinks and invincibility as you possible can conceive.

I've only ever fought him at max levels. It's a better challenge and feels a lot more satisfying when you win. Defend, mega-elixirs, pheonix pinions, and GF shields are the way to go. Then just tear him apart with limit breaks.

Heros and holywars make the fight a joke so I never use them. To be fair I don't know why they even put them in the game. Invincibility items? In a game where item collecting is mad broken?
#65ArcaneSpiezerPosted 2/12/2013 12:02:05 PM
_GREAT_SATAN_ posted...
ArcaneSpiezer posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
_GREAT_SATAN_ posted...
chaosflame108 posted...

>__<

out of every ff game(and I've smashed all of them) that dungeon was the worst, especially on the first play through. the first time you fight(don't remember the floor number) the snail boss on your first play through you prettty much arnt going to win

cat nip takes care of every boss save the last one where you need a bit more strategy.
#66KaliestoPosted 2/12/2013 12:17:16 PM
Penance is the hardest FF boss I've heard.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#67_EggplantWizardPosted 2/12/2013 1:50:32 PM
Perhaps he wasn't the hardest boss, but I found Yiazmat (FFXII) to be quite a chore. It took me hours to bring that beast down.
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Kirby Super Star, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#68xhominidPosted 2/12/2013 6:24:41 PM
How in the hell Ozma is not in here!?

You all should be ashamed of yourselves....Meteor + Curse = Auto Party Wipe.
---
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
#69Zantetsuken_GPosted 2/13/2013 1:52:27 AM
To me Ozma is just a luck battle, nothing really hard about the fight itself.
---
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
#70darkdragonflamePosted 2/13/2013 5:42:28 AM
Even with Cat Nip the Chac is a pain. Also a non Oversoul Paragon is a beast.
But Ozma is worse. I have heard that trial 100 of FFXII Zodiac version is also a pain to battle. And don't forget Absolute Virtue.
---
The Official Interceptor of the Duodecim Boards
The Official Zangoose of the Pokemon B/W 2 and Pokemon X boards