XIII is the most underrated game in the series.

#1EscaSyraPosted 2/12/2013 4:36:50 AM
I previously had V pinned as the most underrated game, but it turns out many people really love it and it's almost never hated on.

Meanwhile, XIII is vastly discriminated against. It's easily the most underrated game. It's not even that bad, it has it's problems like every FF, but they aren't as bad as many claim them to be.

I'd say XII comes after XIII. XII had great characters and a pretty good story. It deserves it's spot as the second most underrated FF.

As for which game is the most overrated, it's actually quite obvious.

X is incredibly overrated. It's easily the most overrated game of the series and it's followed closely by VI. Everyone and their mother raves about X and VI these days, even though they're not all that astounding like many claim them to be.

Before people come in and say that VII is the most overrated, I'll ask you to think again.

VII gets hated on a ton these days. It gets less respect than Rodney Dangerfield, so you know it's not overrated. I think it's about middle ground, leaning slightly towards overrated perhaps.

Once upon a time it was true that VII was the most overrated, but now that everyone claims VI and X to be the saviors of FF, it's no longer true.

I think rational people will see the logic in my arguments. You might not necessarily agree, and that's fine, but the logic behind my reasoning can't be ignored.
#2lamerhaterPosted 2/12/2013 4:41:03 AM
Can we claim VIII to be the most overrated instead? Pretty please?
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#3King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/12/2013 4:41:13 AM
II is underrated,
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#4EscaSyra(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 4:43:55 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
II is underrated,

Agreed.

Actually it might even be more underrated than XII.

lamerhater posted...
Can we claim VIII to be the most overrated instead? Pretty please?

VIII had it's fair share of problems, but it doesn't get put on the same pedestal as VI and X.
#5ReposessionManPosted 2/12/2013 4:45:00 AM
>XIII Underrated.

>VI and X Overrated.

Fanboy, pls.
---
"I REMEMBER MARKING EVERY VICTIM WITH ACUTE PRECISION, I REMEMBER EVERY TIME I HOLD YOU, MY BLUNT COMPANION. WHEN I REMEMBER, I DISMEMBER!"
#6VekkererPosted 2/12/2013 4:46:54 AM
I find that XIII has deserved pretty much every piece of criticism it's gotten.

If something simply is bad then it's not discrimination. There's no conspiracy amongst gamers to unfairly hate the game.

The terms under- and overrated are overused these days. They've lost all meaning.
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#7EscaSyra(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 4:47:25 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
>XIII Underrated.

>VI and X Overrated.

Fanboy, pls.

Fanboy? XIII might barely break my top 5 favorite FF's if it's lucky. There's no luck stat in XIII, so it doesn't look to have much of a chance.
#8EscaSyra(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 4:50:21 AM
Vekkerer posted...

If something simply is bad then it's not discrimination. There's no conspiracy amongst gamers to unfairly hate the game.

The terms under- and overrated are overused these days. They've lost all meaning.

This comes from someone that throws the term fanboy around like it was a baseball and he was a pitcher.

XIII has it's flaws like every Final Fantasy, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

There was a topic where people were claiming XIII was the worst game they've ever played.

A) They had played 10 or less games in their life.

or

B) They are grossly exaggerating.

Take your pick, either way it doesn't look good.
#9VekkererPosted 2/12/2013 4:53:40 AM
EscaSyra posted...
Vekkerer posted...

This comes from someone that throws the term fanboy around like it was a baseball and he was a pitcher.

XIII has it's flaws like every Final Fantasy, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

There was a topic where people were claiming XIII was the worst game they've ever played.

A) They had played 10 or less games in their life.

or

B) They are grossly exaggerating.

Take your pick, either way it doesn't look good.

And this was relevant to what I said in what way?
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#10ReposessionManPosted 2/12/2013 4:55:37 AM
Vekkerer posted...

And this was relevant to what I said in what way?

A fan of a badly received game is angsty against the more beloved ones. Nothing new really.
---
"I REMEMBER MARKING EVERY VICTIM WITH ACUTE PRECISION, I REMEMBER EVERY TIME I HOLD YOU, MY BLUNT COMPANION. WHEN I REMEMBER, I DISMEMBER!"