Is Lightning Well Liked/Iconic

#1Dinah7Posted 2/13/2013 7:15:30 PM
SE has made her obnoxious. I went on another site and no one seemed to like her. she was called basic and someone even said that the Onion Knight from FFIII was a better character than her. Heres an excerpt I agree with.

Someone said Lightning was a good character and this was my response.
Long read but worth it.

In terms of Lightning being a good character i am not sure i agree. Even though Cloud is the most overrated FF hero ever he still was a well fleshed out character. We were able to see why he joined Soldier and everything else about his past.

In XIII we didn't know much about Lightning other than her name and that she was a soldier. We don't even know if she was a former PSICOM soldier or not only assume she was cause of how they were a big military force on Cocoon.

But if you read more into PSICOM you learn she was with the Guardian Corps, which is not told in XIII at all and since she was a fugitive her working with a counterpart of PSICOM would have added another layer to her story and would have made for an interesting piece when they confronted Yaag Rosch. Who in fact was her former instructor at the academy even though this was not mentioned in the game at all.

Vanille and Fang are well more developed than her and in some ways it should have been since she was not the lead protagonist anyway. But there still there was much room to tell us more about Lighting and why she hated Snow so much to the point she didn't want him marrying her sister.

Terra was more of a well thought out female protagonist.
I like Lightnings concept and was interested in her being more fleshed out as well as Serah but XIII-3 is clearly about Toriyama wanting us to like Lightning he even said how he wanted to alter her personality to make her more "human"

But a good number of fans don't care at this point and not cause of blind hatred for XIII but cause Lightning doesn't have the qualities or planned out background that makes us want to care about her and see her succeed.

If they worked on her character i as well as others would care but Toriyama is not a good writer and people don't care about Lightning cause of his own doing.
#2kupo1705Posted 2/13/2013 7:19:19 PM
At this point I don't think they can turn her into a decent character anymore.
#3ExtremeLightPosted 2/13/2013 7:22:40 PM
Dinah7 posted...
SE has made her obnoxious. I went on another site and no one seemed to like her. she was called basic and someone even said that the Onion Knight from FFIII was a better character than her. Heres an excerpt I agree with.

Someone said Lightning was a good character and this was my response.
Long read but worth it.

In terms of Lightning being a good character i am not sure i agree. Even though Cloud is the most overrated FF hero ever he still was a well fleshed out character. We were able to see why he joined Soldier and everything else about his past.

In XIII we didn't know much about Lightning other than her name and that she was a soldier. We don't even know if she was a former PSICOM soldier or not only assume she was cause of how they were a big military force on Cocoon.

But if you read more into PSICOM you learn she was with the Guardian Corps, which is not told in XIII at all and since she was a fugitive her working with a counterpart of PSICOM would have added another layer to her story and would have made for an interesting piece when they confronted Yaag Rosch. Who in fact was her former instructor at the academy even though this was not mentioned in the game at all.

Vanille and Fang are well more developed than her and in some ways it should have been since she was not the lead protagonist anyway. But there still there was much room to tell us more about Lighting and why she hated Snow so much to the point she didn't want him marrying her sister.

Terra was more of a well thought out female protagonist.
I like Lightnings concept and was interested in her being more fleshed out as well as Serah but XIII-3 is clearly about Toriyama wanting us to like Lightning he even said how he wanted to alter her personality to make her more "human"

But a good number of fans don't care at this point and not cause of blind hatred for XIII but cause Lightning doesn't have the qualities or planned out background that makes us want to care about her and see her succeed.

If they worked on her character i as well as others would care but Toriyama is not a good writer and people don't care about Lightning cause of his own doing.

1.) Basic? Like XII cast were basic.
2.)Ok...
3.)Ok.
4.)Yes...
5.) Ok...
6.) They did... flashback. Lost parents. Older sister. Join Military. Angry. Get mad at Snow for popping Serah the question on her bday. Snow (after the whole turning into an L'cie thing seem stubborn and Lightning didn't understand. She was lost, hurt, confused. So she left Snow with her frozen sister. How were she suppose to free her? How, what, when? And what is her Focus. This made her even angrier... Anyway. Lightning and Hope are the dynmaic character in XIII though.
7.)Blah Blah blah. Terra. Ok gotcha.
8.) Oh no. Blind hatred is why 13-2 (which is a better game) sold less and why LR will continue to sell less.
9.)Uh really? So you simply didn't understand the character of Lightning basically? Gotcha.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#4MagiusNecrosPosted 2/13/2013 7:24:46 PM
ExtremeLight does Lightning have a flashback of showing her parents or her mom die?

No?

Well then.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#5ExtremeLightPosted 2/13/2013 7:26:15 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight does Lightning have a flashback of showing her parents or her mom die?

No?

Well then.

Does Vaan, Yuna, Tidus, Wakka, Sora, Rikku, Fang, Serah, Snow, Vanille, Ashe, Cloud, etc.?
No
Well then.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#6MagiusNecrosPosted 2/13/2013 7:26:41 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

No?

Well then.

Does Vaan, Yuna, Tidus, Wakka, Sora, Rikku, Fang, Serah, Snow, Vanille, Ashe, Cloud, etc.?
No
Well then.

And they all suck in varying amounts.
---
#7kupo1705Posted 2/13/2013 7:27:17 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

No?

Well then.

No
Well then.

Did Gilgamesh have a flashback?
#8MagiusNecrosPosted 2/13/2013 7:28:01 PM
kupo1705 posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

No?

Well then.

No
Well then.

Yep.
---
#9kupo1705Posted 2/13/2013 7:28:19 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
kupo1705 posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

No?

Well then.

No
Well then.

Yep.

Liar.
#10MagiusNecrosPosted 2/13/2013 7:31:24 PM
kupo1705 posted...

Liar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gEVvlU0M4bw#t=451s

When it comes to GILGAMESH I never lie.
---