Will Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII's soundtrack be very bad?

#41JudgeNoahPosted 2/14/2013 8:59:20 PM(edited)
XIII's soundtrack was amazing, XIII-2 was ok i guess so im not sure what to expect for LR
---
"Outta my way!"
Lightning
#42theofficefan99Posted 2/14/2013 8:53:33 PM
It will be very mediocre, just like XIII-2's soundtrack.

There will be some wonderfully composed and orchestrated tracks that will stand among the best tracks in the series, there will be some mediocre and/or forgettable ones, and some that are insultingly terrible.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#43DemonPathRevyaPosted 2/15/2013 10:17:55 AM
DemonPathRevya posted...
Tastes very. What may be good to some, maybe bad for others. I think Final Fantasy II had the best soundtrack of NES years, Final Fantasy VI the best of the SNES era, Final Fantasy Tactics had the best of the PSX era and Final Fantasy XI had the best of the PSII era. I wound XIII's track to be on-again-off-again. XIII-2, however, wasn't really to my liking. So far, I think Final Fantasy XIV has the best track out of the PS3 era, but that could change. If this games track is anything like XIII and XIII-2 is will most likely be a hit and miss to me.

Oops I meant to say hit or miss.
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#44RomangeloPosted 2/15/2013 10:40:05 AM
they need to make "Luxerian Rooftops"
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#45hyro56Posted 2/15/2013 10:49:31 AM
XIII's OST wasn't bad. It's not a masterpiece and people are being overly melodramatic.

XIII-2's OST on the other hand was horrid. I barely enjoyed any of the tracks from that soundtrack. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Diverging from the norm and trying something different really back fired on Toriyama in that respect. Especially when it came to the music.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#46King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/15/2013 11:39:53 AM
If it is like XIII's and XIII-2's then yes.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#47heartlesshero17Posted 2/15/2013 11:51:04 AM
chaosflame108 posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
Hamauzu is still in, so....nope.

He's alright

Infidel, you doubt the great Hamauzu's exquisiteness? Romancing Saga, now.

Never got into that series
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#48tadashii18Posted 2/17/2013 2:41:42 AM
XIII-2's soundtrack was awesome. The only Final Fantasy where I have almost 20 tracks of. How can you not like Ruined Hometown??
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#49XenonmillionPosted 2/17/2013 3:08:33 AM
Hopefully Masashi Hamauzu will do most of it as if you listen to most of the tunes that he composed in FF13-2 soley they are the less controversial or complicated ones. I predict LR OST will be quite insidious but also in key with the first XIII. Equal to the SaGa series you could say.