Toriyama needs to go. He's ruining the FF franchise

#21King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/15/2013 11:57:59 AM
Toriyama is Final Fantasy until some other director finally completes their projects.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#22mahroflcopterPosted 2/15/2013 11:59:26 AM
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
mahroflcopter posted...

People need to understand that "The Lightning Saga" is pretty much Kitase's baby... not Toriyama's.

Not that that's anything to be proud of.

I never said it was, and I never said it wasn't. What I said was that people need to stop scapegoating Toriyama when his role in the Lightning Saga is much smaller than people make it out to be.

I never said you did.

Toriyama has a big role, just so does Kitase.
To be honest, we'll never really know what their jobs really entail other than their titles.

Yes, actually, we do know. They tell us in each Ultimania released.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#23CokaineCowboy77Posted 2/15/2013 12:00:20 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
mahroflcopter posted...

People need to understand that "The Lightning Saga" is pretty much Kitase's baby... not Toriyama's.

Not that that's anything to be proud of.

I never said it was, and I never said it wasn't. What I said was that people need to stop scapegoating Toriyama when his role in the Lightning Saga is much smaller than people make it out to be.

I never said you did.

Toriyama has a big role, just so does Kitase.
To be honest, we'll never really know what their jobs really entail other than their titles.

Yes, actually, we do know. They tell us in each Ultimania released.

Not to a full extent.
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFX>FFIX>FFVIII>FFIV
XIII= S***
#24mahroflcopterPosted 2/15/2013 12:03:28 PM

Not to a full extent.

Look, unless they mislabel or lie about what each person is doing and for some reason a "Producer" (which, while varying slightly from company to company, generally have most of the same duties across the board) for Square Enix equates to a secretary... yes, we do know.
---
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#25kupo1705Posted 2/15/2013 12:04:56 PM
Toriyama did things far worse than the 'Lightning Saga'.
He needs to go either way, and nobody should ever hire him again.
#26Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 2/15/2013 12:07:38 PM
I have to agree there. SOOO overrated.
---
- 'You load 16 tons of GameFaqs users and whaddaya get?' - Im da elevator guy in gangnam style.
#27CokaineCowboy77Posted 2/15/2013 12:08:34 PM
mahroflcopter posted...

Not to a full extent.

Look, unless they mislabel or lie about what each person is doing and for some reason a "Producer" (which, while varying slightly from company to company, generally have most of the same duties across the board) for Square Enix equates to a secretary... yes, we do know.

We know what their jobs involve, just not to what length.

You make it seem that Toriyama's role is small, when you don't know exactly how much INVOLVEMENT he had.
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFX>FFIX>FFVIII>FFIV
XIII= S***
#28mahroflcopterPosted 2/15/2013 12:19:03 PM
kupo1705 posted...

Like what?

If you are referring to The 3rd Birthday, he didn't write that. There were 4 Scenario Writers who wrote the script and he just made the best of what he had and directed it. He wasn't a producer, scenario designer, game designer, or anything else.

If referring to Dissidia Final Fantasy, he didn't write that either. He was the "Scenario Supervisor" with Harunori Sakemi and Daisuke Watanabe as the Scenario Writers. He wasn't a Producer, Scenario designer, game designer, or anything else.

As a matter of fact, he didn't write "The Lightning Saga" either. Daisuke Watanabe and several other Scenario Writers have.

So the only other projects he's known to have worked on are Mindjack and Front Mission Evolved... two titles that were doomed to fail for other reasons (there was a metric **** ton wrong with Mindjack besides the story, which we don't know how much Toriyama had to do with. And Front Mission Evolved was a spin off of an already dying franchise).

So... what exactly does Toriyama need to be fired for?
---
#29BlueDragmirePosted 2/15/2013 12:20:30 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Like what?

If you are referring to The 3rd Birthday, he didn't write that. There were 4 Scenario Writers who wrote the script and he just made the best of what he had and directed it. He wasn't a producer, scenario designer, game designer, or anything else.

If referring to Dissidia Final Fantasy, he didn't write that either. He was the "Scenario Supervisor" with Harunori Sakemi and Daisuke Watanabe as the Scenario Writers. He wasn't a Producer, Scenario designer, game designer, or anything else.

As a matter of fact, he didn't write "The Lightning Saga" either. Daisuke Watanabe and several other Scenario Writers have.

So the only other projects he's known to have worked on are Mindjack and Front Mission Evolved... two titles that were doomed to fail for other reasons (there was a metric **** ton wrong with Mindjack besides the story, which we don't know how much Toriyama had to do with. And Front Mission Evolved was a spin off of an already dying franchise).

So... what exactly does Toriyama need to be fired for?

Existing. Fire all of those other people too. PURGE SE. May a new Final Fantasy be born from the corrupt ashes of the old! SE has lost the mandate of heaven, bring forth the true form of the RPG!
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#30mahroflcopterPosted 2/15/2013 12:21:45 PM
mahroflcopter posted...

Not to a full extent.

We know what their jobs involve, just not to what length.

You make it seem that Toriyama's role is small, when you don't know exactly how much INVOLVEMENT he had.

I said that he has no where near the power or control that people believe he does, not that he has a small role. He doesn't write the story, he doesn't have really any kind of creative control over the story as Kitase can step in whenever he wants to, he isn't the producer, he isn't the executive producer, he isn't the battle system planner... he doesn't do a lot of things that people contribute to his list of "failures".
---