Will the Next Console Generation be better for SE and Final Fantasy?

#1BlueDragmirePosted 2/15/2013 7:19:04 AM
Inevitably they're going to have to make Kingdom Hearts III, so that's going to make things better right there.

Maybe on the Wii U we'll get a Dragon Quest XI, a real Dragon Quest game. I can dream, can't I?

And FFXV will come. Maybe the game will be worth playing!

(I'm back, how were things?)
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#2Sera_Aikawa7Posted 2/15/2013 7:23:35 AM
Yes if they hire the better developers.
#3King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/15/2013 8:25:39 AM
Nope, they will be desperate to move on to the next gen once they find out they can't develop for squat.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#4Wise_PotatoPosted 2/15/2013 8:31:55 AM
Kingdom Hearts 3 for next gen? LOL

The wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 and Versus XIII shall be eternal.

However, next gen should be better because Square Enix will have to learn from the mistakes of FFXIII and hopefully make a good game with actual characters, i also think it will be action RPG, even thought i would prefer it to be traditional RPG but i think most JRPG games for next gen will be action RPG, it looks like the future of the genre, traditional RPGs can look outdated and unappealing to your average Joe.
---
I'm half serious most of the time.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#5TriangleHardPosted 2/15/2013 8:42:09 AM
At this point, it is questionable if next gen console themselves are safe, let alone devs.

Economy is shaky, console makers are releasing awful info like requiring full time connection to play games, no used game market, etc.

Compared to any other console releases I've seen in the past, I see so much negatives surrounding up coming consoles.

Also, even if next gen flies off the shelf, it's questionable if Square can really take advantage of it.

Certainly they can come up with pretty graphic. I think they have at least one more wow factor (as seen by Agni's Philosophy) to sell some initial batch of games based on wow factor alone.

However, if that game disappoints like FFXIII again, instead of recapturing fans and giving them hope, I think FF series is completely done.
#6TiaelPosted 2/15/2013 8:45:22 AM
BlueDragmire posted...
Inevitably they're going to have to make Kingdom Hearts III, so that's going to make things better right there.

Maybe on the Wii U we'll get a Dragon Quest XI, a real Dragon Quest game. I can dream, can't I?

And FFXV will come. Maybe the game will be worth playing!

(I'm back, how were things?)

DQX is a real DQ, but to each their own.
And yes, I'm sure the next game won't be an MMO, but will probably be for the 3DS.
But that's up to Hori, SE really has no say.
---
Playing: Ni no Kuni, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five. Da Bears!
#7Wise_PotatoPosted 2/15/2013 8:49:23 AM
TriangleHard posted...
Economy is shaky, console makers are releasing awful info like requiring full time connection to play games, no used game market, etc.

Lol what?

You do realize these are just rumors, don't you?

Sony and MS haven't said anything really about next gen consoles.
---
I'm half serious most of the time.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#8kupo1705Posted 2/15/2013 8:50:50 AM
Wise_Potato posted...
TriangleHard posted...

Lol what?

Sony did say they won't block used games.
Don't know about the other things.
#9TriangleHardPosted 2/15/2013 9:11:10 AM
Wise_Potato posted...
TriangleHard posted...

Lol what?

I meant rumors, sorry about the confusion.

Anyway, the news that's coming out about next gen console is mostly negative news is what I'm saying.

The specs weren't impressive, all the surrounding rumor are not so positive.

In the past, it would be like "oh it plays DVDs! you can surf the web! play music! etc etc etc" additional function and features that would helpful to the consumer.

With Steam, tablets, phones, etc eating up the market, and all these negative press surrounding the next gen console, I'm just not sure how next gen consoles will do in today's market.
#10BlueDragmire(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:13:01 AM
Ok, cynic board. Honestly, I don't see how SE could do worse in the next generation than it did this time.

Also, Kingdom Hearts III is inevitable. We just need to make SE so desperate that they have no choice but to make it. So start by not buying FFXIII-3.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/