I hope you all know that FF versus 13 (if it comes out) is going to suck

#1thedarklordx3Posted 2/15/2013 6:11:44 PM
TL;DR at bottom

let's look at it like so:

1. the last 2 ultra long dev games to come out both sucked(duke nukem forever and aliens: colonial marines) and I predicted them both(not that I can prove that or that you'l believe me) although I did think that neither would ever actually come out...

2. if they've been developing this whole time, it's going to have inconsistant quality.

this can go either way,

way 1: the first things they did will have the graphics of a 2008 game, and the last things they did will look like 2013 game, all in the same game, and it'll be really noticeable if any of these things are next to each other, unless you think they repeatedly went back and redid various outdated portions of the game,

way 2: if they redid everything every couple of years, then expect to see very little content because of the time effort and money required to redo all the graphics and stuff every 2 or 3 years

way 3: the beginning stuff will be great and the rest will suck... this could be them doing the beginng, procrastinating the rest thinking they've got all the time in the world and then rushing the last part when they find out they don't,

or it could be them gradually losing interest or just declining in quality as you tend to do as you do something longer and longer(like how the first week you have your wii you'll be 100% into the motion controls and do them standing while pretending you're actually swinging a sword or whatever and then next year you'll be sitting down doing the bare minimum on the couch)

3. look at the last few games square enix has made... and despair, FFXII was their last good game(and their best final fantasy) right before their worst games(and worst final fantasies)

4. if fan suggestions could improve it, they won't, square enix has proven that they care little about the fans(who actually wanted a XIII sequel, let alone TWO; but we all want a VII remake and yet we still don't have one)

TL;DR: FF versus 13 will do about as well as aliens: colonial marines and duke nukem forever... owait
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#2kupo1705Posted 2/15/2013 6:15:02 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
1. the last 2 ultra long dev games to come out both sucked(duke nukem forever and aliens: colonial marines) and I predicted them both(not that I can prove that or that you'l believe me) although I did think that neither would ever actually come out...

The situation of those games was completely different to that of Versus.
#3Q SlickPosted 2/15/2013 6:17:54 PM
In response to #4:

Don't presume to speak for everyone. Not everyone wants a VII remake.

And something I read raises an interesting point. It mentioned that the PSN port of VII had sold over 100,000 copies, which means the original game (in all of its crusty fifteen-year-old glory) is still making money. With that in mind, is a remake even necessary?
---
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
#4thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:17:54 PM
kupo1705 posted...
thedarklordx3 posted...

how so?
---
#5kupo1705Posted 2/15/2013 6:27:51 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
thedarklordx3 posted...

how so?

DNF went through a bunch of different developers, and different engines.
It was originally developed on the Quake II engine, and then ported to the Unreal engine.
Many develops later, Gearbox took over. But what they got was a complete mess.
All they could do was polish it up a bit, and release it.

Colonial Marines was supposed to be developed by Gearbox, but they were too busy with Borderlands 2 so they decided it would be a good idea to outsource it to a bunch of different developers. So what they ended up with was an incoherent mess.

Versus has been with the same team since the announcement. The reason it's taking so long is because it's a big project, and other projects took priority.
#6ExtremeLightPosted 2/15/2013 6:31:31 PM
Q Slick posted...
In response to #4:

And something I read raises an interesting point. It mentioned that the PSN port of VII had sold over 100,000 copies, which means the original game (in all of its crusty fifteen-year-old glory) is still making money. With that in mind, is a remake even necessary?

I don't want to play in PS1 graphics...
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#7kupo1705Posted 2/15/2013 6:32:06 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Q Slick posted...
In response to #4:

Then don't play it at all.
#8DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/15/2013 6:40:45 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Q Slick posted...
In response to #4:

Doesn't bother me. Most of my favorite games came out on ps1 and snes.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#9thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:56:55 PM(edited)
kupo1705 posted...

DNF went through a bunch of different developers, and different engines.
It was originally developed on the Quake II engine, and then ported to the Unreal engine.
Many develops later, Gearbox took over. But what they got was a complete mess.
All they could do was polish it up a bit, and release it.

Colonial Marines was supposed to be developed by Gearbox, but they were too busy with Borderlands 2 so they decided it would be a good idea to outsource it to a bunch of different developers. So what they ended up with was an incoherent mess.

Versus has been with the same team since the announcement. The reason it's taking so long is because it's a big project, and other projects took priority.

this is the only saving grace, although I didn't know that gearbox ended up with both games, I guess that gearbox must be the kiss of death for highly anticipated long dev games... well you know what they say, too many cooks spoil the soup

although, that same low priority will probably do the game in,

at the very least they shouldn't have announced a game that was a low priority, that they hadn't started making and that was not coming out for like 8 years

ExtremeLight posted...
Q Slick posted...
In response to #4:

I hate that gen

I like the SNES graphics and the PS2/GCN/dreamcast(apparantly)/xbox graphics, I hate the NES and the PSX/N64/Segawhatever graphics

gen 5 just looked so freaking ugly, I can't stand playing games on those systems, hence why I want VII remade with alteast PS2 graphics
---
#10ExtremeLightPosted 2/15/2013 7:04:23 PM
DarkKnightCessi posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Q Slick posted...
In response to #4:

Doesn't bother me. Most of my favorite games came out on ps1 and snes.

I only had 2 favorites: Spryo and Crash. Those games were okay but win their PS2 version came out. They made PS1 look stupid. Hence a remake would gain SE millions of profit.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!