PS2 was the golden era

#1turboetherealPosted 2/15/2013 6:14:52 PM
Some would argue that the PS1 era was superior, but overall X, X-2 and XII > VII, VIII and IX.

The PS2 hardware really allowed the devs to enhance the gameplay and deliver a cinematic experience.
#2kupo1705Posted 2/15/2013 6:16:15 PM
Agreed.
Though X-2 really drags it down.
#3DragoonGriffithPosted 2/15/2013 6:18:37 PM
Hmm
Hard to say. Though with getting to like FFX better again, I guess it could be.

Both FFX and FFXII were really good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ugfYWuG.gif
#4vgman94Posted 2/15/2013 6:23:59 PM
10 Years Later:

(PS4 Is king)... PS3 was the best era. Some may argue PS1 or 2 were the best, but PS3 had better technology, prevalent online features, DLC which was good if it was real DLC and not Disc-Locked. The games it had were much more complex and comprehensive than the last two eras' games. Now we just have apps for specialized PC consoles...

(End example).
#5DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/15/2013 6:25:29 PM
I only played X so I can't say about the other two but I didn't enjoy it as much as the ps1 FFs.

Although, Auron is greatness. Auron is actually the main character.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#6turboethereal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:53:44 PM(edited)
vgman94 posted...
10 Years Later:

(PS4 Is king)... PS3 was the best era. Some may argue PS1 or 2 were the best, but PS3 had better technology, prevalent online features, DLC which was good if it was real DLC and not Disc-Locked. The games it had were much more complex and comprehensive than the last two eras' games. Now we just have apps for specialized PC consoles...

(End example).

Nah.

XIII and XIII-2 have the best combat in the series, but when it comes to overall complete gameplay experience, XII: IZJS delivers more than other games in the series.
#7ExtremeLightPosted 2/15/2013 6:50:46 PM
vgman94 posted...
10 Years Later:

(End example).

If Versus XIII is not in PS3 than PS3 will never be the golden era.
-DLC are horrible and a rip-off (for most games).
-PS4 won't be disc locked.
-FFX>>>>>>>>FFXIII
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#8thedarklordx3Posted 2/15/2013 9:18:56 PM
PS2 was the diamond age of gaming, it's never been better, and it'll never be better

this is closer to platinum, SNES/genesis was gold, NES was silver, PSX/N64 was also gold

bronze is unclaimed so far
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#9masked_yazooPosted 2/16/2013 5:32:30 AM
You know X-2 and XII are the start of the fall of the FF franchise.

They suck as !@#$ that makes Cloud and Squall's game much more GOLDEN than those crap.
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#10AngryGFAQerPosted 2/16/2013 5:38:57 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
If Versus XIII is not in PS3 than PS3 will never be the golden era.

*facepa--

Oh, it's EXTREME!!!lyBlind... Not worth the facepalm.