I don't want a FFVII remake.

#51DemonPathRevyaPosted 2/18/2013 8:45:21 AM
Smashwarlocks posted...
All they need is a Final Fantasy IV remake. All can enjoy the greatness that is old school at its finest.

I liked FFIV.... but I really, REALLY don't want another remake of it.
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#52SmashwarlocksPosted 2/18/2013 8:46:19 AM
DemonPathRevya posted...
Smashwarlocks posted...
All they need is a Final Fantasy IV remake. All can enjoy the greatness that is old school at its finest.

I would rather have a next gen remake than that DS garbage.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#53CryofthePlanetPosted 2/18/2013 8:50:53 AM
Smashwarlocks posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...
Smashwarlocks posted...

I would rather have a next gen remake than that DS garbage.

They have the original, the Easytype or w/e it was, the GBA remake, the DS remake, and then the Complete Collection version... I think we've had enough.
---
Check out my band! I'm the bassist :3
http://www.reverbnation.com/atdeathsbehest
#54TehAssasinPosted 2/18/2013 9:06:59 AM
durandal_xii posted...
The thing is, video gaming is past its peak and is now middle-aged (including a lot of the gamers). None moreso than the FF franchise. Most of the older games had better stories, more innovation, better design integrity and a commitment to excellence that just isn't there anymore. What's more, the designers were all young and enthusiastic and striving to create a new form of art, something that would last. In FFVII they succeeded.

So what if a remake is nostalgia? Square Enix would still make a huge profit from it, and I don't believe it would hurt the sales of their new games, but it would encourage them to maintain the production values their reputation was built on, which can only help the brand in the long run.

I'm saying yes please to a remake, the sooner the better!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1326665_o.gif
#55adroge01Posted 2/18/2013 12:00:51 PM
Jecths_Fayth posted...
Every other post I see now is "Everyone wants FFVII remade! Do it, SE, do it!" Like SE is indebted to them for some stupid reason.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I do not want a remake. It's fine just the way it is. A remake isn't going to "renew my gaming faith" in SE. Moving forward, evolving, trying new things, THAT is what I want.

Tell me what you think.

I agree, I don't think it needs a remake. The game was/is great, no doubt about that... The story, awesome. I just don't want to play it again. I would also rather see evolution here.