I Want a FFIX Remake

#21kratoscar2008Posted 2/16/2013 12:11:41 PM
Zantetsuken_G posted...
Let me clarify, FFX-2 ATB system, not the garment grid/dresspheres.

Yeah i know, i enjoyed a lot FFX-2 ATB system, i would had prefered Xs new battle system but this one was good too.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#22drsw36Posted 2/16/2013 12:20:59 PM
Zantetsuken_G posted...
I would be for this if they use Final Fantasy X-2's battle system.

I agree with this. It would make the game much more enjoyable.
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36
#23DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/16/2013 1:58:23 PM
That would be great. But would they change the art style? I've heard some people fussing about it.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#24theofficefan99Posted 2/16/2013 2:11:37 PM
I love Final Fantasy IX the way it is, though I do admit that I'd like to see IX's world with XIII's graphics. Well, to be fair, I think we all want to see how I-IX would look like with XIII's graphics.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#25UnderratedGamerPosted 2/17/2013 10:34:33 AM
arvilino posted...
Romangelo posted...
No, It's one of the worst FF ever.

lame setting, terrible style, bad character design, slow pace battle system, load time issue and boring gameplay like learning abilities from equipment that you don't really want to use.

Honestly I thought that was a better set-up than vii and vi. Having the commands and abilities of equipped items available without learning them(and you have the choice of using them when appropriate without ever having to master the ability).

You don't need to go back to grind if you missed out on learning something so long as you have the equipment, rather than 20-100 Magic points with an Esper equipped or however many tens of thousand AP for leveling Materia.

Yeah, so long as you have the equipment. A lot of time equipment is lost, especially to newcomers that can't find much gold in tight spots. Especially when you have the Auction house pretty early in the game. At least you didn't lose espers in 6.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#26DragoonGriffithPosted 2/17/2013 10:37:00 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I love Final Fantasy IX the way it is, though I do admit that I'd like to see IX's world with XIII's graphics. Well, to be fair, I think we all want to see how I-IX would look like with XIII's graphics.

That would look horrible.
With the way FFIX's character designs are I don't see the realistic look working for it.

Now cel-shading would be appropriate.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ugfYWuG.gif
#27ManaYukaPosted 2/17/2013 10:48:39 AM
They already changed the proportion sizes of Zidane and Kuja in Dissidia, why not in a Remake?

And I would love to see them tackle a action RPG system in a remake, FFIX being a prime candidate since the characters are very different, but VII as well, even if the game the characters are largely the same minus limit breaks, in a ARPG the weapons of the characters can alter their fighting styles making them different
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson