Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After 2

#151Elice_CarolPosted 3/6/2013 12:37:07 PM
so did we workout if Bhuni was good or bad yet, i think he has loose morals after all he killed his mother something that is a no no even if she does nag untill your ears bleed. what threat could Mywnn be? what if he kills off the other gods to stop them killing him and taking the mortal world for themselves, they probally won't but Bhuni is paronoid he is going to try and control anyone who could threaten his reign.

He banished his mother not because she was a threat, but rather so he could usurp her as the ruler of the world. That's all, and because of it why wouldn't he have bad intentions? His sole goal now is to kill his own mother once and for all, so if humanity gets in the way of that, well....

This game needs flashbacks. A lot of time passed since XIII-2, after all.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#152kate08Posted 3/6/2013 1:03:06 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
so did we workout if Bhuni was good or bad yet, i think he has loose morals after all he killed his mother something that is a no no even if she does nag untill your ears bleed. what threat could Mywnn be? what if he kills off the other gods to stop them killing him and taking the mortal world for themselves, they probally won't but Bhuni is paronoid he is going to try and control anyone who could threaten his reign.

As far as Bhuni being evil or not; according to interviews: This game would have us believe that Bhunivelze is a misunderstood god; one whose aspirations have been clouded by time and ignorant propaganda spread by humans.

Killing your mother is, how shall I put this, a bit beyond the "he's misunderstood" stage. Should be hilarious to see how the writers still try to justify it.

agreed he's a nut job on a power trip,. unless Mywnn is a totally evil b@tch, which i cant find any evidence of i doubt there's anything to misunderstand about him. on the other hand Lightning doesnt seem like she is being forced into helping him and she wouldnt side with a genocial god willingly.
#153lamerhater(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:43:36 PM
Were there any other final fantasy games that delved this hard into deity mythology?
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#154mahroflcopterPosted 3/6/2013 11:48:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#155Elice_CarolPosted 3/7/2013 6:05:10 AM
agreed he's a nut job on a power trip,. unless Mywnn is a totally evil b@tch, which i cant find any evidence of i doubt there's anything to misunderstand about him. on the other hand Lightning doesnt seem like she is being forced into helping him and she wouldnt side with a genocial god willingly.

Mwynn's only decidedly evil action so far in the series was trapping Serah's soul out of spite, and even then her soul not being able to pass is a good thing if she's on her own journey to "save everything."

Lightning's only wish now, however, is to save Serah. Who cares if Bhunivelze is genocidal, if it means she can be with her sister once more?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
#156chaosflame108Posted 3/7/2013 1:27:28 PM
lamerhater posted...
Were there any other final fantasy games that delved this hard into deity mythology?

FF8 maybe? With the whole "Hyne's power being divided among sorceresses" thing. FF12 had potential, but lol we all know how that turned out. :P
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#157kate08Posted 3/7/2013 3:35:27 PM
final fantasy 10 did
#158lamerhater(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 7:30:34 AM
Elice_Carol posted...

Mwynn's only decidedly evil action so far in the series was trapping Serah's soul out of spite, and even then her soul not being able to pass is a good thing if she's on her own journey to "save everything."

Lightning's only wish now, however, is to save Serah. Who cares if Bhunivelze is genocidal, if it means she can be with her sister once more?

How entertaining would it be if Lumina is Bhunivelze's avatar who acts to subtly manipulate Lightning along the path to destruction? Looking kind of like Serah could just be the result of having delved into Lightning's mind for an image of whoever was most important and taking that guise, and the black outfit could be...

Yeah this is just an elaborate bump.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#159Elice_CarolPosted 3/8/2013 10:37:03 AM
I still like to think that Lumina's Lindzei, but eh, anything's fair game at this point.
---
#160chaosflame108Posted 3/8/2013 12:15:56 PM
lamerhater posted...
Elice_Carol posted...

How entertaining would it be if Lumina is Bhunivelze's avatar who acts to subtly manipulate Lightning along the path to destruction? Looking kind of like Serah could just be the result of having delved into Lightning's mind for an image of whoever was most important and taking that guise, and the black outfit could be...

Yeah this is just an elaborate bump.

That would be pretty awesome actually. Lumina(Bhuni) would then very subtly trick Lightning into attacking past party members.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!