Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After 2

#211TheHolySummonPosted 3/21/2013 3:36:54 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
Don't be so snotty, if Lindzei's all nice in the original and then becomes a *(!$ in Type 0 then it conflicts with the original myth, especially when you take into account that she'd be willing to sacrifice billions of lives who view her as their creator.

lol wow. -___- I'm not being snotty, I'm just being considerate by keeping you from wasting your time. You keep bringing up the Lindzei in Type zero like it has any meaning for the "Lightning Saga" Lindzei. It doesn't. Their not even the same "god."

Square themselves have stated multiple times that the "Fabula Nova Chrstallia" games have no connections to each other(not even parallel universes). Not even the mythology really, yes the names are reused, but the deities are not the same. Square said it themselves.

No, Square said that the stories don't have anything much to do with each other except the mythology. Lindzei in one is *the same* Lindzei in the others. Same with Etro, same with Mwynn, same with Pulse, same with Bhunivelze. The mythology, the gods, are the same in all the FNC stories. The planets, the characters of those planets, etc, do not have anything to do with each other, or very little. Again, if it involves the mythology, there's a connection, anything else, no connection.
#212kate08Posted 3/21/2013 3:55:15 PM
so the gods are the same but the way the do things is differnet in each game.?
#213LolOkayPosted 3/21/2013 9:36:08 PM
TheHolySummon posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
Don't be so snotty, if Lindzei's all nice in the original and then becomes a *(!$ in Type 0 then it conflicts with the original myth, especially when you take into account that she'd be willing to sacrifice billions of lives who view her as their creator.

lol wow. -___- I'm not being snotty, I'm just being considerate by keeping you from wasting your time. You keep bringing up the Lindzei in Type zero like it has any meaning for the "Lightning Saga" Lindzei. It doesn't. Their not even the same "god."

Square themselves have stated multiple times that the "Fabula Nova Chrstallia" games have no connections to each other(not even parallel universes). Not even the mythology really, yes the names are reused, but the deities are not the same. Square said it themselves.

No, Square said that the stories don't have anything much to do with each other except the mythology. Lindzei in one is *the same* Lindzei in the others. Same with Etro, same with Mwynn, same with Pulse, same with Bhunivelze. The mythology, the gods, are the same in all the FNC stories. The planets, the characters of those planets, etc, do not have anything to do with each other, or very little. Again, if it involves the mythology, there's a connection, anything else, no connection.

There was an official video a while back called Fabula Nova Chrystallis or something along those lines. It explained the mythology and IIRC it wasn't strictly about FFXIII, or at least I don't remember seeing FFXIII in the title. So maybe that is the basis of all the games in the FNC compilation.

We're waiting for Hakurou to translate the scans of the book while simultaneously stopping the thread from being archived. If you can think of anything better to talk about, be my guest. It's not like you've tried yet, have you?

A simple "bump" is better than personal unrelated dramas because those incite responses and clutter like this

I was mainly referring to myself there, I'm very difficult to deal with....67% of the time. But the other 33%, I'm great.

or

I don't know how I could be any nicer to you. Have I insulted you or called you any names or anything? No I have not. I think what you are basically saying is..."Agree with me, or shut up!" hahahahah, sorry but no. Freewill does exist, y'know.

The last thing this thread needs is 60 continuous posts of pathetic arguments like the last one.
#214TheHolySummonPosted 3/21/2013 11:21:21 PM
kate08 posted...
so the gods are the same but the way the do things is differnet in each game.?

Okay, I've read that the stories of each game are different because it's that director's/story writer's way of understanding the mythology. I've also read that the gods and goddesses in each game story are the same, but the people - the planets and their lives - are different. So, to give you a simple answer: Yes, they are the same, and it's possible that they are acting different with each story.

Personally, I don't see a difference when it comes to Lindzei. In Type-0, Lindzei is the instigator of the sacrifice of many human lives. His fal'Cie on that world, Gala/Gara, is doing this very thing - or trying to. Barthandelus came up with the same plan, though it's said that Lindzei only told him to build Cocoon and protect the humans there. So... Yeah. I can't believe that's just a coincidence. So, with this example, the gods may not be acting differently at all.
#215kate08Posted 3/22/2013 4:33:15 AM
after reading the orginal story, it wasnt Lindzei's role to open the gate it was Pulse's role. Lindzei stands guard over Bhunivelze and is to awaken him once the gate is open.

so from this i conclude that lindzei didnt order his fal'cie to kill 10 million people the fal'cie did this on their own because they wanted to get Lindzei to return and build them a new world or give them a new focus. ok in type -0 Lindzei killed off the dominating nation not the entire population because this upset the balance of the world, but i did read this on wiki so it may not be correct. there is no real analysis of type-0 plot so trying to compare how the gods behave is difficult until the whole FNC project is complete.
#216TheHolySummonPosted 3/22/2013 8:56:54 AM
kate08 posted...
after reading the orginal story, it wasnt Lindzei's role to open the gate it was Pulse's role. Lindzei stands guard over Bhunivelze and is to awaken him once the gate is open.

so from this i conclude that lindzei didnt order his fal'cie to kill 10 million people the fal'cie did this on their own because they wanted to get Lindzei to return and build them a new world or give them a new focus. ok in type -0 Lindzei killed off the dominating nation not the entire population because this upset the balance of the world, but i did read this on wiki so it may not be correct. there is no real analysis of type-0 plot so trying to compare how the gods behave is difficult until the whole FNC project is complete.

True, Bhunivelze tasked Lindzei with protecting him as well as waking him up. Pulse and Lindzei teamed up to find the door, in the mean time. Now this may not have been every single time, and every single planet; but, the first thing to do was to find the door. This is explained in XIII (analects).
#217LolOkayPosted 3/22/2013 4:15:55 PM
bump
#218Elice_CarolPosted 3/23/2013 6:02:32 AM
True, Bhunivelze tasked Lindzei with protecting him as well as waking him up. Pulse and Lindzei teamed up to find the door, in the mean time. Now this may not have been every single time, and every single planet; but, the first thing to do was to find the door. This is explained in XIII (analects).

Hmm, when you take into account how in XIII Lindzei created humanity in order to revive her sister Etro, it doesn't seem right for her to later create Cocoon for the purpose of killing them.

Was Cocoon's destruction Pulse's own resolution in order to find the door, seeing as his own fal'Cie have been burrowing through Gran Pulse for centuries on end with little success? It would seem so, if Anima and Barthandelus were working together to brand l'Cie for that purpose.
---
"When you meet your God, tell Him to LEAVE ME THE *(&)% ALONE.'' - Guts
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#219kate08Posted 3/23/2013 8:51:21 AM
Elice_Carol posted...

Hmm, when you take into account how in XIII Lindzei created humanity in order to revive her sister Etro, it doesn't seem right for her to later create Cocoon for the purpose of killing them.

Was Cocoon's destruction Pulse's own resolution in order to find the door, seeing as his own fal'Cie have been burrowing through Gran Pulse for centuries on end with little success? It would seem so, if Anima and Barthandelus were working together to brand l'Cie for that purpose.

this makes more sense and would explain why Pulse was present when the party was branded. its possible that Lindzei didnt know what was going on, especially if she had to leave the realm to guard Bhuni.
#220TheHolySummonPosted 3/23/2013 9:29:07 AM
Elice_Carol posted...

We don't know the reason why Lindzei created humanity. All we have been told solidly (and Lindzei's part is only revealed via the Ultimanias, kept vague in the game) is that humanity was created out of Etro's blood. Everything else is strict speculation - though of course, I like to glean some information out of - which I do not find improper, but sadly has to remain in the area of speculation - the other games, in which so far only Type-0 exists.

While it's a noble thought that Lindzei would question (which I think he did a lot!) Etro's birth, life and death (though he came after her), and wish to memorialize her, or in some way bring her back... I personally would appreciate a darker scenario. Of course, we disagree in this manner, and you could turn out to be right - if and when SE decides to add this into the parts of the story we actually get! So far, my thoughts on Lindzei are that he's ( well, a male! :P ) very intelligent, very introspective (and the opposite), with a (or more) dash of mischief involved; I see him as dark(er?), with his own motives in mind and sort of willing to do anything to get them accomplished. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Lindzei, he'll be a lot like Barthandelus (in and out of his guise as Galenth Dysley). I really feel that the fruit didn't fall far away from the tree at all in regards to Barthandelus and Lindzei.

As for the destruction of Cocoon... That was a plan made up by Barthandelus (according to the Ultimania, alone). He goaded Anima into retaliation by stealing one of the Arks (in which the Ultimania, if memory serves correct, reveals to have been created by Anima himself.) By that trespass, it is revealed that Cocoon is the one who started the tension that led to the War of Transgression/Revelations. So, yeah, one doesn't mess with Anima... Now, where does humanity come into this? After typing all this up, I don't think they really had a place in Anima's side of things. On Barthandelus' side though, Anima's revenge would cause all of Cocoon to die. Here's the thing: The attack launched by Gran Pulse was counterattacked by Cocoon's fal'Cie because of some reason (Barthandelus may have felt it wasn't time yet.) Yes, they are to protect Cocoon, so it's in their nature, but... the Ultimania makes it sound like there's still an additional unknown reason to why Barthandelus and Cocoon's fal'Cie rose up to defend it.

Barthandelus and Anima were not on the same side, but Barthandelus could see how Anima could help his cause. That's why Anima, with his two l'Cie in crystal stasis, was taken up to and made part of Cocoon. By the time that happened, Etro had already interrupted everything and even Anima was in a deep sleep. When Barthandelus felt it was time, he awoken Anima, and the events of XIII begin to happen.

Cool huh?

As far as we are told, Ultimania and all, Barthandelus was created by Lindzei to 1) create Cocoon and 2) to protect the humans.

http:// www. gamefaqs. com / ps3 / 928790-final-fantasy-xiii / faqs / 63575