Lightning Returns would be more successful playing like Borderlands 2

#1numberrrrPosted 2/17/2013 11:02:09 AM
Lightning, Lumina, Chocolina and Yuel could each represent a class, there would be 4 players co-op, loot, no timer, main story, sidequests, chocobo mounts, costumes, skill trees, and kickass stuff. Oh yea in first person looking down, can see boobs. 8D
#2Elice_CarolPosted 2/17/2013 11:04:00 AM
YEUL, FOR @!&*^(('s SAKE IT'S YEUL
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#3kupo1705Posted 2/17/2013 11:05:03 AM
But without the obnoxious humour.
#4shinigami_mattPosted 2/17/2013 12:04:42 PM
I'm surprised Boarderlands does so well in this day and age. I think I'm the only one who doesn't like it. It's ANOTHER shooter. All you do is shoot. So repetitive to me. Even with the abilities it doesn't change the fact that you shoot. The games have absolutely no story either. And the writing is just alright.

Run to vendor
Kill things
Return to vendor for quest reward
rinse and repeat 80 times.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#5tadashii18Posted 2/17/2013 12:14:12 PM
I don't like Borderlands either.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFaqs 1.10
#6Le_DerpstickPosted 2/17/2013 1:14:18 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
I'm surprised Boarderlands does so well in this day and age. I think I'm the only one who doesn't like it. It's ANOTHER shooter. All you do is shoot. So repetitive to me. Even with the abilities it doesn't change the fact that you shoot. The games have absolutely no story either. And the writing is just alright.

Run to vendor
Kill things

No, ANOTHER shooter is another entry in a CoD or CoDcopypasta series. Borderlands is an arcadey loot-shooter, and it does loot really well.

And there is a story, more so in the second, and the writing is downright hilarious.

So it may not appeal to you, but you should be able to see how it appeals to others.
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#7j-fielding95Posted 2/17/2013 1:16:31 PM
I tried to play Borderlands but it was boring as hell.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#8MalakTawusPosted 2/17/2013 1:19:30 PM
Borderland is boring as hell for me.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#9j-fielding95Posted 2/17/2013 1:23:46 PM
Le_Derpstick posted...
shinigami_matt posted...

Run to vendor
Kill things

No, ANOTHER shooter is another entry in a CoD or CoDcopypasta series. Borderlands is an arcadey loot-shooter, and it does loot really well.

And there is a story, more so in the second, and the writing is downright hilarious.

So it may not appeal to you, but you should be able to see how it appeals to others.

He was right the first time, Borderlands is in fact another shooter, as you even said in your first line of argument.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#10shinigami_mattPosted 2/17/2013 1:50:36 PM
It's an arcade shooter, but that's still a shooter. There's one class. Shoot Gun. I was excited for that new assassin, Zero because I thought he was a melee character with stealth. Nope. Another gun shooter. I can see why people like the game.I just don't know why it's stupidly popular. You do nothing except shoot tons of mobs for money. It's just too repetitive for me.

Same reason why FFXIII get's some hell. You do absoulutely nothing else except shoot.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger